GT-I9505 on 4.4.2 KitKat: how to get back the music widget on the lockscreen?

OP ineedandroid

4th March 2014, 05:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vicenza
Thanks Meter: 8

124 posts
More
Hi folks! I have upgraded my S4 to 4.4.2 KitKat, but when I lock my phone it has the new music controls on lockscreen with the terrible album cover full screen... is there any way to get back the samsung music widget with the fabulous list where you can quickly change track?
4th March 2014, 05:28 PM   |  #2  
Flag San Pedro
Thanks Meter: 41

219 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ineedandroid

Hi folks! I have upgraded my S4 to 4.4.2 KitKat, but when I lock my phone it has the new music controls on lockscreen with the terrible album cover full screen... is there any way to get back the samsung music widget with the fabulous list where you can quickly change track?

I say its "not possible". Unless someone ported from 4.3 and create an apk, or embedded on a ROM
The Following User Says Thank You to Zoddex For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th April 2014, 10:24 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
Another vote for this. Not only picking track from the list but also enable/disable shuffle / repeat on lock screen. Hope someone will come up with a port soon!
15th April 2014, 11:36 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I've been searching high and low for this, would love to have the exact music controls we had prior to the 4.4.2 update. I have found an alternative, but it involves using the Samsung Music Player (NOT the stock player we are used to). This music player can be accessed through the Samsung Hub, and you can add a specific shortcut to the music player on your home screen by pressing menu in the Samsung Hub app, and selecting shortcuts. I've tried it, but I don't like it - maybe because it doesn't work as fluid/well? It's worth a try, but I've resorted back to the stock music player.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread