FORUMS

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

Galaxy S 5 stock cable is good! :)

66 posts
Thanks Meter: 31
 
By juku0022, Member on 15th April 2014, 08:04 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Galaxy S 5 stock cable is good!
I always able to get 1.77A to 1.84A when charging.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juku0022 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
15th April 2014, 10:14 AM |#2  
Slow N Stupid's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
That's micro USB 2 right?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
15th April 2014, 12:33 PM |#3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Is it usb 3.0 cable?

Sent from my SM-G900H using xda app-developers app
15th April 2014, 01:08 PM |#4  
kms108's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 868
 
More
USB 3.0 has no affect on charging in anyway, it's for data only.

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by juku0022

Galaxy S 5 stock cable is good!
I always able to get 1.77A to 1.84A when charging.

I get that with the S5 and note 3 power supply, if you use a non samsung power supply you won't get the same figure, apparently the 5.3V does affect it's current.
Last edited by kms108; 15th April 2014 at 01:11 PM.
15th April 2014, 06:48 PM |#5  
92drls's Avatar
Senior Member
Behind you
Thanks Meter: 132
 
More
Could you run a test using the Samsung S4 and like a HTC OEM cable? I use all the above and am just wondering how much of a difference it makes? I never use the cheap chinese BS cables from Amazon/eBay.
15th April 2014, 09:18 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92drls

Could you run a test using the Samsung S4 and like a HTC OEM cable? I use all the above and am just wondering how much of a difference it makes? I never use the cheap chinese BS cables from Amazon/eBay.

I'd like to hear about this too if possible. I use an old HTC One charger for my phones.
15th April 2014, 10:29 PM |#7  
eyecon82's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,654
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kms108

USB 3.0 has no affect on charging in anyway, it's for data only.

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------



I get that with the S5 and note 3 power supply, if you use a non samsung power supply you won't get the same figure, apparently the 5.3V does affect it's current.

Then, why does it seem to charge faster when plugged into the wall with the USB 3.0 cable than the 2.0 s4 cable?

-Sent from Tapatalk
15th April 2014, 11:37 PM |#8  
kms108's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 868
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyecon82

Then, why does it seem to charge faster when plugged into the wall with the USB 3.0 cable than the 2.0 s4 cable?

-Sent from Tapatalk

USB cables are not made equally, different quality and material will give you different results.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes