Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

S5 Battery affected by Gear

OP philliplavelle

15th April 2014, 08:51 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
I have a S5 from AT&T and it is connected to my Gear Fit. My Gear fit is the top battery user at 19% followed by Android System at 16% and Screen at 14%. Everything else is under 10% including Android OS. I would find my battery down 8-10 within 1-2 hours but I would listen to music via Bluetooth in the car ride to work which is 45 minutes. It has been 8hrs and 45minutes since my phone was at 100%. I am now at 58%, so about 5+% an hour drop. Now my usage is email, web browsing, light facebook, LinkedIn. No heavy video and have Wifi turned off but bluetooth is on for the Gear Fit.

Also, it took two hours of charge time to go from 10% to 37% charge last night which seems rather slow. I was plugged into a USB 3.0 slot on my PC. My iPhone 5 would have been at or close to 100%.Hoepfully it gets faster over time.
16th April 2014, 12:35 AM   |  #12  
San Diego
Thanks Meter: 1,139

2,901 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc82386

Something might be up with your phone. I have the US AT&T version of the S5 and my Gear 2 Neo is constantly connected and set to sync every 3 hours.

After 3 hours off the charger I'm down to 94% battery. If anything the battery on my Neo is what I'm concerned about. That's at 83% at about 8 hours.

I have a Gear 2 Neo as well....what do you mean by set to sync every 3 hours?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
16th April 2014, 12:59 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizeGuyDezignz

I have a Gear 2 Neo as well....what do you mean by set to sync every 3 hours?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

How often it syncs pedometer and weather data automatically. The default is to sync every 24 hours.
The Following User Says Thank You to Merc82386 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread