Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,238 Members 49,018 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sprint's Coverage is Ridiculously Bad! Any help?

Tip us?

rohanpatelt7
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Sprint's Coverage is Ridiculously Bad! Any help?

I have gone back and forth a couple times now. I ran the RUU to go to 4.3 Android (Htc official side loaded RUU) and I live in the Los Angeles area. My signal is absolutely ridiculous. Updated radios, current version of HBOOT and other drivers, I hoped that I would pick up 4g LTE in my area because the sprint coverage map shows that my location has it available for the EvoLTE. Going back to my device I am having 2G Edge and the slowest 3G of my life!
Has this been happening to you guys as well?
I made sure to select LTE/CDMA for my antenna options but no change.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Evolution_Freak
Old
Thanks Meter 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanpatelt7 View Post
I have gone back and forth a couple times now. I ran the RUU to go to 4.3 Android (Htc official side loaded RUU) and I live in the Los Angeles area. My signal is absolutely ridiculous. Updated radios, current version of HBOOT and other drivers, I hoped that I would pick up 4g LTE in my area because the sprint coverage map shows that my location has it available for the EvoLTE. Going back to my device I am having 2G Edge and the slowest 3G of my life!
Has this been happening to you guys as well?
I made sure to select LTE/CDMA for my antenna options but no change.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Personally, I'd call Sprint and complain. That being said, it's a kind of well known fact that the EVO LTE's don't always have the best reception. ie two people in the same location with Sprint service, one on the EVO LTE, the other with a different device. The other person gets 4g LTE and the EVO user doesn't.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.

buddahj
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution_Freak View Post
Personally, I'd call Sprint and complain. That being said, it's a kind of well known fact that the EVO LTE's don't always have the best reception. ie two people in the same location with Sprint service, one on the EVO LTE, the other with a different device. The other person gets 4g LTE and the EVO user doesn't.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I can tell you from experience that Sprint doesn't seem to care if your service is crappy. Your best bet is to go with a carrier with better coverage. I was with Sprint for 10+ years.
My life is a complicated drinking game...