Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,012 Members 54,137 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Hard Brick D800 - Please Help! At a loss

Tip us?

Sneaky Elephant
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ok so thank you for your help so far. I was able to install Linux on a USB drive and ran the commands and pushed appropriate files from there. I pushed all files including recover.img but the phone will not boot into recovery. Please help!

Thank you!

ambetdelarosa
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky Elephant View Post
Ok so thank you for your help so far. I was able to install Linux on a USB drive and ran the commands and pushed appropriate files from there. I pushed all files including recover.img but the phone will not boot into recovery. Please help!

Thank you!

you are not alone dude. i had the same issue since sunday and i have spent almost 46 hours already trying to restore my LG G2 F320S korean model.

i followed that instruction in linux, everything went well but then I ended up with a phone not going past the LG logo. the screen no longer dims like how it used to with the secure boot fail error. again, it stucked at the LG logo and thats it.

pressing the 3 buttons though for 5 seconds shows a white screen with 3 options and a bar code under.

but all of these options will just take me back to the LG logo.

I went to a phone technician today, and they said the doing a JTAG fix is the only way to resolve the problem because after trying to fix it with linux, it is no longer identified by my PC.

what are your solutions so far?

anyways before this issue came up, i tried to flash TWRP using flashify, it failed. then went back up. tried to update the OS via OTA then thats it.

i home someone could help us out.

Sneaky Elephant
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambetdelarosa View Post
you are not alone dude. i had the same issue since sunday and i have spent almost 46 hours already trying to restore my LG G2 F320S korean model.

i followed that instruction in linux, everything went well but then I ended up with a phone not going past the LG logo. the screen no longer dims like how it used to with the secure boot fail error. again, it stucked at the LG logo and thats it.

pressing the 3 buttons though for 5 seconds shows a white screen with 3 options and a bar code under.

but all of these options will just take me back to the LG logo.

I went to a phone technician today, and they said the doing a JTAG fix is the only way to resolve the problem because after trying to fix it with linux, it is no longer identified by my PC.

what are your solutions so far?

anyways before this issue came up, i tried to flash TWRP using flashify, it failed. then went back up. tried to update the OS via OTA then thats it.

i home someone could help us out.

What are the negatives to doing a JTAG fix?

ingoljosh
Old
Thanks Meter 228

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
What are the negatives to doing a JTAG fix?
Here is your fix.

follow exactly. LINK

Sneaky Elephant
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ingoljosh View Post
Here is your fix.

follow exactly. LINK
Followed steps already, still can't boot into recovery.

ingoljosh
Old
Thanks Meter 228

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Followed steps already, still can't boot into recovery.
if your device is insured maybe report it lost and pay deductible and get a new one AND NEVER ROOT AGAIN