Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,757 Members 36,603 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

AT&T: Hardware Failing?

Tip us?

schwalbach
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default AT&T: Hardware Failing?

Hey guys,

So I was on PowerUser 2.0. For months I was fine but it started going nuts yesterday when I woke up. I somehow managed to get it back to stock JellyBean but there are still the same issues.

What is happening:

I can get the phone to start. Sometimes it goes through the LG screen multiple times, though. It usually freezes up 2-5 minutes after startup and just restarts. If the screen turns off it's even more likely to be frozen. This is more like the black screen of death -- can't get it to turn back on but the phone is still "on."

Then I have to hard reset it and go from there and rinse repeat.

Is this the hardware failing? Any ideas for what to do?

schwalbach
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Adding on to this. The led is blinking in a weird pattern when the screen is off(not when it fails to wake up but just in general). I'm able to use it for hours at a time now but I think it may have something to do with heavy use or it heating up. Just seems weird that it is still functional and everything seems fine it just seems like I can't get the display to come back on. I'm relatively sure the phone is fine behind scenes but then again a lot of the freeze ups come with the phone on and the whole screen just won't react then it restarts on its own

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

schwalbach
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
No ideas?

So I can get it to work generally if I just keep using it. If it heats up it seems to restart a lot. If it does start restarting I generally have to hold the power until it is fully off to restart it or it just loops the LG logo.

There's times when it goes hours between restarts, and then times it does it every ten minutes. I really think over heating has something to do with it, but I have no idea for sure.

I can't seem to find anything like it online

schwalbach
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
So I'm using a loaner phone and am letting the battery run out on the g2. It hasn't shut down once when I'm not using it. So like 3 days of uptime.

Does that help anyone with maybe pining down what's up?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app