Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,799 Members 48,885 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can I get KitKat on stock S3 with 4.3?

Tip us?

Stretch31
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Can I get KitKat on stock S3 with 4.3?

Is there any way for me to get Kitkat (4.4) on my stock, unrooted, locked bootloader, verizon galaxy s3? There are a mind-numbingly large number of threads and most of them include some kind of paragraph at the top like; "this article assumes you're unlocked rooted and custom recovery installed." Well I'm not. And when I try to do those things I keep running into other articles telling me all the ways doing that will ruin my phone.

All I want is KitKat without having to wait for BigRed to give it to me. Is that possible? Assume I just bought the phone from Verizon and I'm peeling off the screen protector sticker for the first time.

BadUsername
Old
Thanks Meter 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch31 View Post
Is there any way for me to get Kitkat (4.4) on my stock, unrooted, locked bootloader, verizon galaxy s3? There are a mind-numbingly large number of threads and most of them include some kind of paragraph at the top like; "this article assumes you're unlocked rooted and custom recovery installed." Well I'm not. And when I try to do those things I keep running into other articles telling me all the ways doing that will ruin my phone.

All I want is KitKat without having to wait for BigRed to give it to me. Is that possible? Assume I just bought the phone from Verizon and I'm peeling off the screen protector sticker for the first time.
Nope, you can't get Kit Kat until Verizon officially releases an update.
Read the 4.3 sticky in the development section.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

ddog511
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I haven't used it as I didn't allow the 4.3 update, but you could look into safestrap - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2605648