[Q] Can I get KitKat on stock S3 with 4.3?

OP Stretch31

15th April 2014, 11:33 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Is there any way for me to get Kitkat (4.4) on my stock, unrooted, locked bootloader, verizon galaxy s3? There are a mind-numbingly large number of threads and most of them include some kind of paragraph at the top like; "this article assumes you're unlocked rooted and custom recovery installed." Well I'm not. And when I try to do those things I keep running into other articles telling me all the ways doing that will ruin my phone.

All I want is KitKat without having to wait for BigRed to give it to me. Is that possible? Assume I just bought the phone from Verizon and I'm peeling off the screen protector sticker for the first time.
16th April 2014, 12:22 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 768

1,521 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch31

Is there any way for me to get Kitkat (4.4) on my stock, unrooted, locked bootloader, verizon galaxy s3? There are a mind-numbingly large number of threads and most of them include some kind of paragraph at the top like; "this article assumes you're unlocked rooted and custom recovery installed." Well I'm not. And when I try to do those things I keep running into other articles telling me all the ways doing that will ruin my phone.

All I want is KitKat without having to wait for BigRed to give it to me. Is that possible? Assume I just bought the phone from Verizon and I'm peeling off the screen protector sticker for the first time.

Nope, you can't get Kit Kat until Verizon officially releases an update.
Read the 4.3 sticky in the development section.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
16th April 2014, 02:41 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 17

43 posts
I haven't used it as I didn't allow the 4.3 update, but you could look into safestrap - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2605648
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread