Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,905 Members 40,043 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

KitKat Leak for Verizon S4

Tip us?

KachowPow
Old
(Last edited by KachowPow; 16th April 2014 at 03:40 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 266

DONATE TO ME
Exclamation KitKat Leak for Verizon S4

Hot off the press, this was just leaked by SXTP-Developers can anybody bring this baby over to the Verizon Note 3?

Here's the link http://sxtpdevelopers.com/samsung-sc...rizon-kit-kat/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KachowPow For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mlin
Old
Thanks Meter 1006
Quote:
Originally Posted by KachowPow View Post
Hot off the press, this was just leaked by SXTP-Developers can anybody bring this baby over to the Verizon Note 3?

Here's the link http://sxtpdevelopers.com/samsung-sc...rizon-kit-kat/
We probably don't have to worry much about bringing it to the Note 3 as I'm sure KK for our phone isn't too far behind. About damn time we see something!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
2.5 New Members: Treat new members the way you would have liked to have been treated when you were a new member.
Provide the new members with guidance, advice and instruction always with respect and courtesy.

Device: Galaxy Note 3
ROM: Incognito_v1.1.1

KachowPow
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 266

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
We probably don't have to worry much about bringing it to the Note 3 as I'm sure KK for our phone isn't too far behind. About damn time we see something!

Wouldn't it be a much safer approach to bring this S4 leaked version over to our Note 3? I mean you could be right KK for the Note 3 might be just around the corner, but what if that version of KK has a similar affect as the version that AT&T received, where the update wiped out Root and there was no way to restore it. Maybe that is something that is just going to happen with the Verizon KK update, Root will be lost, and the bounties will raise again. If you ask me, what if we take a look at the S4 KK leaked ROM and see if it is something that can be ported over to the Note 3, maybe it can, maybe there's a way to keep Root and enjoy KitKat.

mlin
Old
Thanks Meter 1006
Quote:
Originally Posted by KachowPow View Post
Wouldn't it be a much safer approach to bring this S4 leaked version over to our Note 3? I mean you could be right KK for the Note 3 might be just around the corner, but what if that version of KK has a similar affect as the version that AT&T received, where the update wiped out Root and there was no way to restore it. Maybe that is something that is just going to happen with the Verizon KK update, Root will be lost, and the bounties will raise again. If you ask me, what if we take a look at the S4 KK leaked ROM and see if it is something that can be ported over to the Note 3, maybe it can, maybe there's a way to keep Root and enjoy KitKat.
I guess I don't know about obtaining root on a stock AT&T KK Note 3, but it seems there are plenty of custom, rooted ROMs based off the newest release. Porting a new version of android without the kernel (for those of us using SS) just seems like it'd be a lot of work and a PITA. Admittedly, I don't know much about this stuff so it may be more straight forward than I know.

2.5 New Members: Treat new members the way you would have liked to have been treated when you were a new member.
Provide the new members with guidance, advice and instruction always with respect and courtesy.

KachowPow
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 266

DONATE TO ME
Would it be possible use a stock KitKat ROM from another carrier such as Sprint, extract the radio, then insert the Verizon radio from S4 leak? I don't know much about ROM building or porting a ROM, but I know you need the correct radios to get it to work properly, maybe if cross-build with what is already available something should work right? and I hope on the retail version side of things...

Borderpatrol1987
Old
Thanks Meter 43
When you start tweaking like that, it's becomes no longer signed, and then it won't flash. Plus I think the kernel is different, which is an automatic stop, as we can't flash different ones.

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app
Moto V188 -> RAZR -> BB 8100 -> BB 8900 -> Thunderbolt -> DROID RAZR HD -> Galaxy Note 3

If I helped you, hit thanks!

DrPhant0m
Old
Thanks Meter 103
I'd think that the biggest issue with porting an S4 ROM to the Note 3 would be S-Pen support. Is that not a concern?

dakunclear
Old
Thanks Meter 143
Personally I would try to use a Canadian 4.4 Rom since we have had the update for over a month now up here

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using xda app-developers app
LG optimus 2X || Nexus 5
Galaxy S3 T999V || LG G2
Galaxy Note II T889V || Asus TF101
Galaxy S4 M919V || Asus TF300T
Nexus 7 (2013) || Xperia Z1
Galaxy Note 3 || Galaxy Gear 2 Neo

4 everything else theres XDA Developers

“Because every gamer is a true gamer: motion gamers, sitting gamers, everyone. And though we may pledge fanboy allegiances to different flags, deep down inside we all serve one master, one king and His name is Gaming. FOREVER MAY HE REIGN!” ~ Kevin Butler

mlin
Old
Thanks Meter 1006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borderpatrol1987 View Post
When you start tweaking like that, it's becomes no longer signed, and then it won't flash. Plus I think the kernel is different, which is an automatic stop, as we can't flash different ones.

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app
SafeStrap ignores the boot.img even if present, so it can't get flashed on a retail N3.

AngryManMLS
Old
Thanks Meter 666

DONATE TO ME
Anything to note on the S4 leak such as root methods and what not?