Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,517 Members 36,911 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stuck at Splash Screen?

Tip us?

th3lawmak3r76
Old
(Last edited by th3lawmak3r76; 17th April 2014 at 01:43 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default [Q] Stuck at Splash Screen?

So I tried to flash the Venom rom 1.2 version from stock rooted S-On and after flashing I am now stuck at the splash screen and cannot access the bootloader, any suggestions?

EDIT: I have figured out the problem and solved it, mods please close this thread
Sent from my magic piece of metal using even more magic

kumar1986
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3lawmak3r76 View Post
So I tried to flash the Venom rom 1.2 version from stock rooted S-On and after flashing I am now stuck at the splash screen and cannot access the bootloader, any suggestions?

EDIT: I have figured out the problem and solved it, mods please close this thread
Hi,
I am also having same problem. Could you please tell me how to resolve it?
Thanks.

andrewnelson
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 23
I have also same problem tooo.

Santa-Claus
Old
Thanks Meter 65
use adb command

fastboot erase cache
HTC One m8 silver
(s-off / s-cid)

firmware: back to 1.54.401.10
hboot: 3.16.0.0000
radio: 1.16.2133156.UA15G
ROM: down to ARHD 8.1 with Sense 6 Toolbox 1.3.3
Theme: none until now
Kernel: Stock
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.0

grega_slo
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Or this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2722242

th3lawmak3r76
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar1986 View Post
Hi,
I am also having same problem. Could you please tell me how to resolve it?
Thanks.
Well if those didn't solve your problem what I did was let my M8 run out of battery and then plugged it into my computer holding power+volume down and that allowed me to get into the bootloader and then into fastboot. I then erased the cache and entered recovery where I had a backup ready.
Sent from my magic piece of metal using even more magic

eeshuz
Old
(Last edited by eeshuz; 20th April 2014 at 07:08 AM.)
Thanks Meter 4
I'm experiencing the same problem, and still working on solving it. But for those who are stuck in the boot screen and need to shut off their phone so that they can boot up into recovery (power + vol down), hold down BOTH volume buttons and the power button and the phone will shut off in a few seconds. I couldn't find this anywhere and was getting annoyed waiting for the juice to run out so I tried a few things and this worked.

edit: turns out it's just volume UP and power to 'battery pull' the phone, not both, although that will work because you're pushing on up

[ eeshu stylez ]

HTC One M8 Gunmetal

The Following User Says Thank You to eeshuz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CyDroid1
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default HTC ONE M8 Stuck on Splash screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3lawmak3r76 View Post
Well if those didn't solve your problem what I did was let my M8 run out of battery and then plugged it into my computer holding power+volume down and that allowed me to get into the boot loader and then into fast boot. I then erased the cache and entered recovery where I had a backup ready.
You can also try this if you're not willing to wait for the battery to drain. I also ran into that very same problem, being stuck on the htc splash screen.. However this is how I fixed it. Like one of the posters above i too held the volume button up while at the same time holding down the power button. My HTC One M8 would just reboot back to the splash screen. So, i went through all of the steps above again but this time as the screen went off still holding the power button down. I immediately slid my finger from volume up to down. I continued holding it in the volume down position until the boot loader come up. I selected recovery from there and did a cache wipe and restored a NAND backup. I hope this helps someone.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CyDroid1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]