Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,798 Members 38,701 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stock Android

Tip us?

tomer90
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Stock Android

Im not sure if my tablet is 7.0, to be honest I just took it from my mom after she bought it and used it for 1 day and then left it in a drawer.
My model number is SM-T210, and the android that came with it is a bit slow so I wanted to install stock, anyone has a guide? and so I need a special android for it or can I install the same one that is on my Nexus 4 for example?
Thanks!

creep138
Old
Thanks Meter 41
What if she ever found out her tabs missing? Or found you playing with it and she complained about the whole thing being messed up?

Anyway, to answer your question no, there is not a stock ROM, and if there is for your model its buggy, and probably has more lag then Samsung's touchwiz.

Sent from my SM-T217S using xda app-developers app

tomer90
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Dont worry it not like that when I said "took" I ment with permission from her.
Anyway, 2 Question:
1. if I install a custom ROM I imagine there will be no OTA for me anymore right? (Unless I got back to to smasung's ROM)
2. What is the fastest and most stable ROM/Kernel combo out there? I tried googling it but the information is very fragmented over the net.

Thanks!

creep138
Old
Thanks Meter 41
You can't find anything cause they're is really no development. A lot of people aren't even helping answering questions the past couple days...its that slow.

Your best bet is to just root, backup, and play around with exposed modules and see what you can customize on your own, its what most of us do. Just Google it and read about it. Not a lot of us can help with exposed either, its just trial and error. If one thing fails, you just restore and try again.

tomer90
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Meaning I cant just install the same Android that is on my phone on my tablet? tablets need an android that is ment for them? and in other words im stuck with samsung's **** OS?

tomer90
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
And what about installing nexus 7 OS on galaxy tab 3?

creep138
Old
Thanks Meter 41
It has to be developed for our hardware, if you try to flash something that wasn't meant for your device you could end up with a brick.

We need sources for our device, or we need to buy a cyanogen mod developer one of our devices so they can do it. Its not as easy as one might think.

The Following User Says Thank You to creep138 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]