[Q] Firewater 4.4.2 Instructions? *SOLVED*

OP GalaxyUser50

13th April 2014, 08:31 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13

95 posts
Hello Xda,
I am about to send in my phone for repair, and was told it would be factory reset. So When I get it back, might as well get S-OFF on it.
The Phone has the latest 4.4.2 OTA on it, and I have a few questions about FireWater. I've read that it can S-OFF the 4.4.2 software, but I've seen a ton of hoops you have to jump through to do it (Ex. custom rom, insecure kernel). I just want the CLEAR instructions on how to get S-OFF on 4.4.2. And I saw the part about "Hold power in case of qhusb mode" Any idea what that is?

Thanks to anyone who can clarify!
Last edited by GalaxyUser50; 21st April 2014 at 07:05 AM.
14th April 2014, 12:42 AM   |  #2  
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,076

3,986 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyUser50

Hello Xda,
I am about to send in my phone for repair, and was told it would be factory reset. So When I get it back, might as well get S-OFF on it.
The Phone has the latest 4.4.2 OTA on it, and I have a few questions about FireWater. I've read that it can S-OFF the 4.4.2 software, but I've seen a ton of hoops you have to jump through to do it (Ex. custom rom, insecure kernel). I just want the CLEAR instructions on how to get S-OFF on 4.4.2. And I saw the part about "Hold power in case of qhusb mode" Any idea what that is?

Thanks to anyone who can clarify!

Its really not that complicated
you unlock the bootloader flash TWRP 2.6.3.3
Root on exit from TWRP - run the superSU from the phone and it will reboot to install. Reboot to recovery one more time to install a custom kernel. Run firewater and success is yours.
14th April 2014, 02:28 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

95 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA

Its really not that complicated
you unlock the bootloader flash TWRP 2.6.3.3
Root on exit from TWRP - run the superSU from the phone and it will reboot to install. Reboot to recovery one more time to install a custom kernel. Run firewater and success is yours.

Thanks, and this is for HBOOT 1.56 too right? And any kernel you suggest?
16th April 2014, 04:58 AM   |  #4  
OP Member

95 posts
UPDATE
Ok, incase anyone else was wondering how to do this heres what I did. Hopefully this will help you guys.
From a totally stock AT&T HTC One with 4.4.2 HBOOT 1.56:
*****THIS WILL WIPE DATA. BACKUP ANYTHING YOU WANT TO KEEP*****
1. Unlock Bootloader via htcdev.
2. Flash TWRP (I used 2.6.3.3)
3. Install SuperSU on reboot of TWRP
4. Enable developer options.
5. Enable USB Debugging.
6. DISABLE FAST BOOT
7. Plug Phone into computer.
8. Do "adb devices" to make sure its found.
9. Accept the RSA Key. ( Always accept if you want)
10. Run Firewater.
11. On the enter "su" step, make sure you WAIT until the SuperSU message comes up, then grant it. ( You may have to type "su" 2-3 for it to ask )
12. Continue with Firewater

This is what I did and it worked on the first try! ( Actually 2nd, I got too eager and accidentally unlocked my device when it was working. Don't worry, it will just tell you try again and DONT TOUCH THE DEVICE )

P.S. Ask firewater support if you need help, these are just instructions I did to do it.

Hopefully this helped!
The Following User Says Thank You to GalaxyUser50 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread