Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,670 Members 44,225 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Deleted OS

Tip us?

Mr Sasavicz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Deleted OS

I do not have any Kindle device. I have never played around with one. I do fix / build PC's all the time as a side business so I think I can fix it with some instructions. A friend has told me her son has deleted the entire OS off of her Kindle Fire. After reading the Kindle Fire For Beginners and a lot of this thread, everything I see stars out with with something like; "Boot up the Kindle Fire normally and connect a USB cable to the device and computer". That is the problem there is nothing to boot up. When she turns it on it says, "no OS". There has to be a way to re flash it. Everything I find on any search always starts out with boot it up ect...

It is a Kindle Fire 1st generation, 7 inch screen, model number D01400

Any help would be great thanks in advance, Eric.

sd_shadow
Old
(Last edited by sd_shadow; 16th April 2014 at 05:09 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,367

DONATE TO ME
I have requested that this thread be moved to Kindle Fire Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sasavicz View Post
I do not have any Kindle device. I have never played around with one. I do fix / build PC's all the time as a side business so I think I can fix it with some instructions. A friend has told me her son has deleted the entire OS off of her Kindle Fire. After reading the Kindle Fire For Beginners and a lot of this thread, everything I see stars out with with something like; "Boot up the Kindle Fire normally and connect a USB cable to the device and computer". That is the problem there is nothing to boot up. When she turns it on it says, "no OS". There has to be a way to re flash it. Everything I find on any search always starts out with boot it up ect...

It is a Kindle Fire 1st generation, 7 inch screen, model number D01400

Any help would be great thanks in advance, Eric.
fastboot/factory cable is one option
Quote:
FAQ Q26: What is a factory cable? What is it used for? How do I use it?
A factory cable, not to be confused with the OEM USB cable that comes with the Kindle Fire, is a USB cable made to emulate a Motorola factory programming cable. With the Kindle Fire, it is an easy way to access fastboot mode, especially when no other options are available. To use it, while plugged into your computer, simply plug it into a Kindle Fire that has been completely powered down.
see Kindle Fire Factory Cable
then use fastboot.exe to flash TWRP recover, once you have that you can reinstall stock or a custom Rom
More here Frequently Asked Questions - Amazon Kindle Fire
No support via PM! Please ask in a public thread, that's what the forums are for.
Notify me by Posting @sd_shadow in thread I'll help you as much as I can...
Always in motion is the future

Mr Sasavicz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shadow View Post
I have requested that this thread be moved to Kindle Fire Q&A, Help & Troubleshootingfastboot/factory cable is one option

see Kindle Fire Factory Cable
then use fastboot.exe to flash TWRP recover, once you have that you can reinstall stock or a custom Rom
More here Frequently Asked Questions - Amazon Kindle Fire[/QUOTE]

When I do a search for this cable all over ebay it is just a cable. I have this cable for my phone. If there some special cable that just looks like what I have that I need to get to do this?

sd_shadow
Old
(Last edited by sd_shadow; 16th April 2014 at 05:06 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,367

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sasavicz View Post
When I do a search for this cable all over ebay it is just a cable. I have this cable for my phone. If there some special cable that just looks like what I have that I need to get to do this?
just click the links provided Kindle Fire Factory Cable

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

on ebay search for Kindle Fastboot cable
No support via PM! Please ask in a public thread, that's what the forums are for.
Notify me by Posting @sd_shadow in thread I'll help you as much as I can...
Always in motion is the future