Ask a question

No registration required

Deleted OS

OP Mr Sasavicz

15th April 2014, 09:27 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I do not have any Kindle device. I have never played around with one. I do fix / build PC's all the time as a side business so I think I can fix it with some instructions. A friend has told me her son has deleted the entire OS off of her Kindle Fire. After reading the Kindle Fire For Beginners and a lot of this thread, everything I see stars out with with something like; "Boot up the Kindle Fire normally and connect a USB cable to the device and computer". That is the problem there is nothing to boot up. When she turns it on it says, "no OS". There has to be a way to re flash it. Everything I find on any search always starts out with boot it up ect...

It is a Kindle Fire 1st generation, 7 inch screen, model number D01400

Any help would be great thanks in advance, Eric.
15th April 2014, 11:58 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag South Dakota
Thanks Meter: 2,003

4,891 posts
Donate to Me
More
I have requested that this thread be moved to Kindle Fire Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sasavicz

I do not have any Kindle device. I have never played around with one. I do fix / build PC's all the time as a side business so I think I can fix it with some instructions. A friend has told me her son has deleted the entire OS off of her Kindle Fire. After reading the Kindle Fire For Beginners and a lot of this thread, everything I see stars out with with something like; "Boot up the Kindle Fire normally and connect a USB cable to the device and computer". That is the problem there is nothing to boot up. When she turns it on it says, "no OS". There has to be a way to re flash it. Everything I find on any search always starts out with boot it up ect...

It is a Kindle Fire 1st generation, 7 inch screen, model number D01400

Any help would be great thanks in advance, Eric.

fastboot/factory cable is one option
Quote:

FAQ Q26: What is a factory cable? What is it used for? How do I use it?
A factory cable, not to be confused with the OEM USB cable that comes with the Kindle Fire, is a USB cable made to emulate a Motorola factory programming cable. With the Kindle Fire, it is an easy way to access fastboot mode, especially when no other options are available. To use it, while plugged into your computer, simply plug it into a Kindle Fire that has been completely powered down.

see Kindle Fire Factory Cable
then use fastboot.exe to flash TWRP recover, once you have that you can reinstall stock or a custom Rom
More here Frequently Asked Questions - Amazon Kindle Fire
Last edited by sd_shadow; 16th April 2014 at 06:09 AM.
16th April 2014, 05:58 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shadow

I have requested that this thread be moved to Kindle Fire Q&A, Help & Troubleshootingfastboot/factory cable is one option

see Kindle Fire Factory Cable

then use fastboot.exe to flash TWRP recover, once you have that you can reinstall stock or a custom Rom
More here Frequently Asked Questions - Amazon Kindle Fire[/QUOTE]

When I do a search for this cable all over ebay it is just a cable. I have this cable for my phone. If there some special cable that just looks like what I have that I need to get to do this?
16th April 2014, 06:18 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag South Dakota
Thanks Meter: 2,003

4,891 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sasavicz

When I do a search for this cable all over ebay it is just a cable. I have this cable for my phone. If there some special cable that just looks like what I have that I need to get to do this?

just click the links provided Kindle Fire Factory Cable

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

on ebay search for Kindle Fastboot cable
Last edited by sd_shadow; 16th April 2014 at 06:06 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread