Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,429 Members 54,725 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I need quite a bit of help, as soon as possible.

Tip us?

imactuallynot
Old
(Last edited by imactuallynot; 15th April 2014 at 04:18 AM.) Reason: Additional information may help.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] I need quite a bit of help, as soon as possible.

Sunday, I ignored the one rule for flashers: always make a back up. And now I'm being royally screwed. I had tried to flash the 4/13 nightly of AICP, but it wouldn't go past the boot screen, and I had deleted all the other roms on my sdcard because I was running out of room. So, I tried going back to the previous buid I had, the 4/9, but it never went past the boot screen there either. So I set about trying to put my phone back to stock by flashing the NAE modem, Philz, and Negalite's latest rom, but for whatever reason, it was so buggy and glitchy I couldn't really use it, which I've never had happen with their work. So I downloaded omnirom, which I'm on, and it's working fine, but now I have no sound whatsoever. I also used RomToolbox Pro to flash TWRP. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Additional Information
I'm on TWRP 2.6.3.1 because 2.7.0.0+ don't work for me
Flashing the Modem was successful, not sure where it all went wrong.
I also followed Mudavo's guide for updating to NAE modem and firmware while keeping the MF9 bootloader. The only thing I didn't do is flash the MK2 rooted stock ROM before updating to the Negalite.
Any expediency in resolving this matter would be greatly appreciated.

imactuallynot
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Phone calls are a bust, as well. Anything related to sound except haptic feedback either causes DSP Manager to FC, or the process itself FC's. I had noticed that on the Negalite as well, because whenever I hit the volume keys, everything froze, not to mention the fact it didn't register MP3s as MP3s, and also refused to play anything from play music or YouTube.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

leaderbuilder
Old
Thanks Meter 1227
Quote:
Originally Posted by imactuallynot View Post
Phone calls are a bust, as well. Anything related to sound except haptic feedback either causes DSP Manager to FC, or the process itself FC's. I had noticed that on the Negalite as well, because whenever I hit the volume keys, everything froze, not to mention the fact it didn't register MP3s as MP3s, and also refused to play anything from play music or YouTube.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app
If you're truly on the MF9 bootloader then PC Odin the MF9 full .tar and reset your phone.
* MK2/NAE ROMs * NAE Modem * 4.3/4.4 Kernels * MF9 Bootloader *

if you've found any of my blathering useful, there is a thanks button that can be hit.
The Following User Says Thank You to leaderbuilder For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

frukyyy
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by imactuallynot View Post
Sunday, I ignored the one rule for flashers: always make a back up. And now I'm being royally screwed. I had tried to flash the 4/13 nightly of AICP, but it wouldn't go past the boot screen, and I had deleted all the other roms on my sdcard because I was running out of room. So, I tried going back to the previous buid I had, the 4/9, but it never went past the boot screen there either. So I set about trying to put my phone back to stock by flashing the NAE modem, Philz, and Negalite's latest rom, but for whatever reason, it was so buggy and glitchy I couldn't really use it, which I've never had happen with their work. So I downloaded omnirom, which I'm on, and it's working fine, but now I have no sound whatsoever. I also used RomToolbox Pro to flash TWRP. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Additional Information
I'm on TWRP 2.6.3.1 because 2.7.0.0+ don't work for me
Flashing the Modem was successful, not sure where it all went wrong.
I also followed Mudavo's guide for updating to NAE modem and firmware while keeping the MF9 bootloader. The only thing I didn't do is flash the MK2 rooted stock ROM before updating to the Negalite.
Any expediency in resolving this matter would be greatly appreciated.
NAE modem with MF9 it's not an option for you at this point. Anyway I don't see the reasons to keep a different boot loader then the rom, maybe someone can explain.
Get the full NAE tar (if you have 720T you need NAF) and flash it. Note; once you are in NAE you cannot downgrade.
“If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't follow. I'd be at the bottom to catch them when they fall.” - Unknown

xfullmetal17
Old
Thanks Meter 45

DONATE TO ME
I thought that was just for the bootloader, but not the modem? (Unless Samsung's found a way to bake KNOX into the modem now)
Look! A distraction!

AlkaliV2
Old
Thanks Meter 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaderbuilder View Post
If you're truly on the MF9 bootloader then PC Odin the MF9 full .tar and reset your phone.
This is the best advice. Always revert back to the same base software as the bootloader. Rooted if you can find it, or unrooted if you just want to get it back to working status and can root it manually later. To emphasize what leaderbuilder said though:

Make sure you know you are on MF9 bootloader before trying to restore it. Otherwise it will fail.