System Status: Official
Knox Kernel Lock: 0x0
Knox Warranty Void: 0x0
CSB-Config-LSB: 0x30
Write Protection: Enable
eMMC Burst Mode: enabled

was looking for sumthing along the lines of what a guy posted higher up
"
If you guys tell me what your ODIN Mode/Download Mode RP SWREV: Sx Tx Rx Ax Px flags are set to, I will tell you if you can downgrade back to 4.3
"

musicfreak190

Feb 14, 2011
Official release must be near.. hopefully a kernel source and system dump as well. This will give us lucky MDK users an even better AOSP rom I assume.

Reactions: swieder711

MedleHed

Aug 28, 2010
Kent, WA
I'm noticing the 4G LTE icon is not going away when I'm connected to WiFi. It's not active, but it's there. Minor details... So far so good otherwise.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: DjSkreem

MedleHed

Aug 28, 2010
Kent, WA
So, dumb questions.... how exactly does the process go for trying this? I understand risk is there just want to make sure I don't 100% chance screw it up.

Download tar file. Download Odin 3.09. Backup data on your phone. I placed everything on my 64 GB microSD card and removed it from the phone (paranoid). Place phone in Odin/download mode. Use Odin to flash firmware. Enjoy!

OK... That's not exact, but it's close!

ejohn3288

Sep 28, 2011
I am currently on 4.3 and would love to flash this, but will I lose root access?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

Vekter

Oct 24, 2010
Is this safe for anyone running MK2? I'm guessing since it doesn't trip Knox it should work fine, right?

EDIT: Balled up and did it, Knox went just fine, setting phone up now. I'll play with it over the next few hours and let you guys know how it goes, but so far so good. And fyi, Wallet let me enable touch to pay as soon as I installed it. \o/

Last edited:

T1geR086

Dec 29, 2013
Olympia
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Back up recommendation?

Download tar file. Download Odin 3.09. Backup data on your phone. I placed everything on my 64 GB microSD card and removed it from the phone (paranoid). Place phone in Odin/download mode. Use Odin to flash firmware. Enjoy!

Ty. I had an idea, but I've learned following the instruction even if you feel dumb asking = worth it! So, I just brought my S4 SCH-1545 back to stock (mk2) using the Verizon repair software thingy, and of course I am not rooted now, and soo the question is what is a good non root requiring backup that will do what I need it to do? (minimize risk of flashing that new leak)

update. I done did it!

Last edited:

loonie01

Mar 12, 2009
Detroit
Is this safe for anyone running MK2? I'm guessing since it doesn't trip Knox it should work fine, right?

EDIT: Balled up and did it, Knox went just fine, setting phone up now. I'll play with it over the next few hours and let you guys know how it goes, but so far so good. And fyi, Wallet let me enable touch to pay as soon as I installed it. \o/

Have you tried to root it with the root methods for MK2?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

scottguest11

Jun 7, 2012

where does the file go at in oden i always seem to forget that part lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, I can confirm downgrading is possible (well, the boot.img, recovery.img, cache, and system partitions anyways the counter in aboot will remain at 6). I downgraded back to 4.3 and re-rooted because I was having some errors with booting a 4.4.2 prerooted system.
    http://sxtpdevelopers.com/samsung-sch-i545-verizon-kit-kat/

here is the link for the OS
    hope yall enjoy just sharing
    1.45gb file:laugh: :laugh:
    Got the upgrade to 4.4.2 + keep root method figured out and working. Uploading files now....:D

Everyone just chill, theres a minor issue or two i need to work out but here, this shows you can retain root if you wish to wait.

k5rhJa1.png
    Also I've been able to keep roor after installing a stock root NC5 deodex rom Ive made. Ive gotta say this is a bit snappier than NC2..and yes WiFi and WiFi tether both work (via framework edit) so dont ask.