5,599,190 Members 36,032 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Kitkat 4.4 APN backup

Tip us?

wolficus
Old
Thanks Meter 16
great guide finally helped me with viewing and editing the apn's on the slimkat rom i installed.
i had to do a couple different things though.. i used apn manager pro and i had to change its permissions to 777. then it would work.

djpabz23
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Titanium Backup always hangs on me while setting APN Backup and Restore as a system app. It stays on processing and nothing happens. :\

solcam
Old
(Last edited by solcam; 30th March 2014 at 03:46 PM.) Reason: added details
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by djpabz23 View Post
Titanium Backup always hangs on me while setting APN Backup and Restore as a system app. It stays on processing and nothing happens. :\
Try using a file explorer app to locate and move apn backup and restore from /data/app to /system/app or to whichever directory u need. But, could someone here please upload their apns that were backed up with apn backup and restore? I would like to try this to see if I can get lte. Thanks. I really hope someone replies to this soon like I did lol.

djpabz23
Old
(Last edited by djpabz23; 30th March 2014 at 06:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by solcam View Post
Try using a file explorer app to locate and move apn backup and restore from /data/app to /system/app or to whichever directory u need. But, could someone here please upload their apns that were backed up with apn backup and restore? I would like to try this to see if I can get lte. Thanks. I really hope someone replies to this soon like I did lol.
I'll upload mine as soon as I do

EDIT: I had no success, I always get the following error.

I included my DNS settings in the archive, just extract and restore.
Attached Files
File Type: rar DNS Restore.rar - [Click for QR Code] (747 Bytes, 14 views)

iPenguin02
Old
(Last edited by iPenguin02; 31st March 2014 at 03:25 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I'll upload mine as soon as I do

EDIT: I had no success, I always get the following error.

I included my DNS settings in the archive, just extract and restore.
I am getting the same issue. Do i need to use titanium? as it says i need to donate to convert to system app.
Instead i tried rom tool box, converted to system app. when look for apk in system > App its not there, and data> App its not there either

I notice it uninstalls it. i have to reinstall it.. So what i did was i installed it. i copied the apk to my sd card. converted to system app, but when i try to paste to system > Priv.app it says failed..

i dont know what to do anymore. I am running beanstalk 4.4

Edit:
I just tried titanium and it just hangs.. 40 mins no progress.

Are we suppose to wipe any data before recovering?

djpabz23
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPenguin02 View Post
I am getting the same issue. Do i need to use titanium? as it says i need to donate to convert to system app.
Instead i tried rom tool box, converted to system app. when look for apk in system > App its not there, and data> App its not there either

I notice it uninstalls it. i have to reinstall it.. So what i did was i installed it. i copied the apk to my sd card. converted to system app, but when i try to paste to system > Priv.app it says failed..

i dont know what to do anymore. I am running beanstalk 4.4

Edit:
I just tried titanium and it just hangs.. 40 mins no progress.

Are we suppose to wipe any data before recovering?
I tried the very same, no luck whats so ever. I was running on Rooted stock 4.3 did the backup successful. I tried doing the KitKat process on C-Rom with no success. Titanium Backup hangs and restoring APN doenst work for me.

the_original_teknikl
Old
Thanks Meter 80

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I tried the very same, no luck whats so ever. I was running on Rooted stock 4.3 did the backup successful. I tried doing the KitKat process on C-Rom with no success. Titanium Backup hangs and restoring APN doenst work for me.
Works for me... Install like normal on carbon... Use link2sd to convert to system app then fx explorer to move the apk to / priv-app.... Reboot and restore apns..... Got full data and everything on carbon ROM virgin mobile.

Sent from my SPH-L710
You know a true genius has arrived when all the dunces rise up in confederacy against him.

Ours is a world of nuclear giants. We know more about war than we know about peace, more about killing than we know about living.

Modify EVERYTHING

crs77
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesh0317 View Post
I followed all of your steps, and even reset my PRL and profile (successfully). I rebooted, made APN backup/restore a system app, told it to skip the ICS check, rebooted, and told it to backup apns. It prompted me for a filename, and I chose the default "apns-<date-time-string>.xml".

It then failed with the following error:

I did a quick google search which turned up nothing, but I will look further.

Stock Rom (rooted): Baseband Version: L710VPUBMK5, build number: JSS15J.L710VPUBMK5. Android version 4.3.

Carrier is Virgin Mobile

As I said, I will keep looking for a solution, but if anyone has a quick answer, I would appreciate it.

Thanks for the write up.
Same problem, though I'm on Stock rooted MK3, on Sprint.

flastnoles11
Old
Thanks Meter 4022
If on a 4.4 rom make it easy on yourself, quit using titanium... Locate the app in data/app, cut and paste to system / priv-app, click to make sure it's installed then reboot... After reboot and disabling the check within the app it will backup your apn no problems

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

New to the SprintGS3??? Click the link below to get started!!!

carefree12
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by flastnoles11 View Post
If on a 4.4 rom make it easy on yourself, quit using titanium... Locate the app in data/app, cut and paste to system / priv-app, click to make sure it's installed then reboot... After reboot and disabling the check within the app it will backup your apn no problems

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Thanks! got it to backup using your suggestion.