Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,664 Members 42,880 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] P605V - unlock bootloader

Tip us?

KwestJones
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] P605V - unlock bootloader

So the Verizon version bootloader is locked. From what I understand, that means that I can't root it. Is there any attempt to unlock it? Or work around the lock? Do any developers actually have one of these? Should I return it and get the international version? My issue is the warranty (I tend to break stuff) and the speed and coverage of Verizon's LTE network . I am missing titanium backup, overclocking, etc.

Thanks for any info.

Sent from my SM-P605V using Tapatalk
->MotoQ (Verizon) --> HTC Kaiser (AT&T) ---> iPhone 3GS 32G (Jailbroken) ---> Tmo HD2 ---> Sprint Hero ----> EVO ---> EVO 3D ---> --> Galaxy Nexus --> Motorola Xoom

>>>> Sprint Galaxy Note 3 - rooted
>>>> Verizon Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) - rooted, Knox untripped: www.towelroot.com (thanks geohot... You are the man)

TabGuy
Old
Thanks Meter 161
Unlocking the bootloader and rooting are mutually exclusive. A device can be rooted without being able to unlock the bootloader.

In fact, I've found myself in the odd position once on my Tab 10.1 of replacing the bootloader and not having root access. It was easy to fix but I found that an odd spot to be in.
From Southern California
Tablet: Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014), Phone: Galaxy Note 3
Alma Mater: UCLA (Birthplace of the Internet)

KwestJones
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22

DONATE TO ME
I can't use Odin to root it. Is there another way available?

Sent from my SM-P605V using Tapatalk
->MotoQ (Verizon) --> HTC Kaiser (AT&T) ---> iPhone 3GS 32G (Jailbroken) ---> Tmo HD2 ---> Sprint Hero ----> EVO ---> EVO 3D ---> --> Galaxy Nexus --> Motorola Xoom

>>>> Sprint Galaxy Note 3 - rooted
>>>> Verizon Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) - rooted, Knox untripped: www.towelroot.com (thanks geohot... You are the man)

xxxoverload
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default me too

I'm sure someone will come out with a root for it eventually but, who knows when. It just came out on Verizon a couple weeks ago. Srsroot says it works but, I didn't have any luck. It just rebooted a couple of times said it was rooting and did nothing. Kinda wonder if it was just a scam to get my info. Don't have anything on it yet though.