[Q] Minimal android?

OP RmatriX1218

16th April 2014, 06:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag vadodara
Thanks Meter: 102

396 posts
More
I have android phone with 1GHz processor and 256 MB total RAM, running custom ROM based on android 2.3.5.

I have found Android never been stable as iOS.

I want to handover my phone to my parent where they will not be using any specific android smart features. In fact, it will be used only as feature phone not smart phone.

I want to strip off all the app from android OS without affecting basing network functionality. Then I can install only specific apps. I think, this way I'll have better stable android device.

Can someone advise or provide link/info which apps can be safely removed from android 2.3.5 OS leaving behind so called "minimal android"?
16th April 2014, 07:15 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 590

3,106 posts
Donate to Me
More
Comparing Apple(s) to oranges, my friend. A 1 Ghz single core processor with 256 RAM and an outdated and not quite optimized version of Gingerbread with most likely poor Chinese coding of the software is not going to make for the most enjoyable experience. This has much less to do with Android than it does in the weak hardware and not as polished software from the manufacturer. But without knowing what kind of phone you have, we'd have no clue as to what you should or shouldn't freeze or uninstall.
16th April 2014, 07:29 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag vadodara

396 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s

Comparing Apple(s) to oranges, my friend. A 1 Ghz single core processor with 256 RAM and an outdated and not quite optimized version of Gingerbread with most likely poor Chinese coding of the software is not going to make for the most enjoyable experience. This has much less to do with Android than it does in the weak hardware and not as polished software from the manufacturer. But without knowing what kind of phone you have, we'd have no clue as to what you should or shouldn't freeze or uninstall.

Thanks for your reply.
I agree, I have week hardware...which is weakest point.
I have micromax A57 which is an Indian brand may be Chinese base/hardware.
I am already running custom ROM and not stock ROM. At present, I am happy with it's performance after shifting to custom ROM (xzotica v2).
But before handing over it to someone, who is not quite aware of Android and techi....rather leaving it with lots of popups/unwanted FCs/slow performance, I am thinking to strip off it to best possible leaving only core android behind. Then I'll only add app really required.
I am just looking for general guideline if any....for android 2.3.5 minimum base files/apps....
16th April 2014, 07:34 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 590

3,106 posts
Donate to Me
More
How bout this one? http://forums.droidbeans.com/microma...i-like-kitkat/
The Following User Says Thank You to es0tericcha0s For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th April 2014, 07:51 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag vadodara

396 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s

How bout this one? http://forums.droidbeans.com/microma...i-like-kitkat/

I really appreciate your efforts.
I have checked this ROM earlier. It's good but some error, thats why it has not good user base also.

And, this is not what I'm looking for. I would like to remove all apps without affecting normal booting, not any FC's after removing apps and all radios working.
That's all what I want on my phone. My question regarding what apps can be removed is not ROM specific but android 2.3.5 specific.

Again thanking for your efforts.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread