Best phone I have owned.

Search This thread

NJGSII

Nov 15, 2011
Howell, NJ
Came directly from a Nexus 5 and had the M7 last year. I thought it wouldn't really be that much better than the N5, but it is. Build quality and battery life are way better.

Vcolassi

Feb 1, 2012
Whitehall
I've owned a lot of phones myself. The battery on this phone is unreal, even coming from a Note. I've gotten almost 7 hours of screen time in one charge with phone on auto brightness. Which I must say does a good job adjusting to the light itself.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app

martingonz24

May 1, 2013
This is easily one of the best phones I've owned. When I first got the iPhone 4, it felt euphoric. When I got this.... It felt that and some. I love it!!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mycopsycho

alpinesun

Mar 20, 2013
Easily the best phone I've ever owned; And I've owned quite a few. Recently switched from a Note 3 to this. But I also owned an Xperia Z1, Nexus 5, Note 2, S4, and every iPhone up to the 5. Despite its camera limitations, I still talk it number one. Besides, if I plan on doing anything with a picture other than social media, I use my Canon DSLR.

Reactions: vegasdiceshooter

travmanD

Apr 23, 2014
I came from a Nexus 5 and am loving the M8. Things felt a little odd at first, with Sense and all, but I have since converted to the GPE and am very happy with it (a few bugs and g apps problems aside).

chizler

Aug 23, 2013
Knoxville, Tn.
Just picked mine up yesterday, coming from a note 2. This phone is so much smoother and I'll take sense over touch wiz any day.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

adocorp

Nov 8, 2011
I came from the Galaxy S3 then upgraded to the S5... I returned the S5 in a week and got the M8. Best decision I made! This phone is pure badness.

chizler

Aug 23, 2013
Knoxville, Tn.
I looked at the S5 but it didn't do anything for me, and touch wiz is so blah to me.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

nizbot

Oct 4, 2010
I came from the Galaxy S3 then upgraded to the S5... I returned the S5 in a week and got the M8. Best decision I made! This phone is pure badness.

Yep. Went from SGS2 to N5 to S5 returned 2 weeks later for M8. Besides the camera, I'm super stoked on this phone. UI is smooth like the N5 (S5 no bueno), battery is way better than N5, camera seems a little better than the N5 and in general the hardware is just fantastic. S5 has the camera, but that's all it has that really counts IMO...well that and the waterproofing, but whatever.

Rooted and ready to roll.

-n :good::good:

ahdez

Apr 24, 2014
San Jose
Came from a S3.. was considering the S5 but wanted something different.. chose the M8, real happy with the decision

PunchLick

Jul 1, 2013
Short story..

Got the S5, returned, got the M8.

Never looked back, best phone I've owned.

smknutson

Apr 22, 2011
SD, USA
Returned the S5 as well. Although I miss the Amoled screen, everything else sends to be an improvement with the M8

twiggums

Oct 6, 2007
What about without the case? Is it comfortable in hand?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

It is to me. it's got enough heft that it doesn't want to fall out of my hand, but still manageable one handed. maybe it's just the case, but when i try to use the wife's S5 one handed, it feels too top heavy and light (i know, direct contradiction :p ) that it feels like it wants to fall out of my hand. I've never used with slippery/sweaty hands, so i can't comment on how slippery it might be. But it certainly feels good in my hand!

Reactions: barondebxl

cksdayoff

Jul 25, 2011
just got the silver version of the phone at the att store. it is awesome. the phone feels great in the hand and it doesn't feel like it'll slip from my grasp (some complaints with the gun metal grey version). The speakers are so legit, it really is unbelievable. Like a lot of m8 users on here, My phone had some scuff marks on the top where it attaches to the speaker shell. wasn't too happy about it and the volume rocker button is a little loose. these are things i can deal with though as im guessing this is what happens when a company tries to go 90% aluminum with their phone.

beautiful phone, especially in silver. but i need a case for this asap. I'm coming from a Galaxy S2, had it for 3 years (bought it brand new and unlocked in the summer of 2011) and i felt no need to replace it even when the GS3 and GS4 came out. GS2 was still very much useable even in 2014, until I cracked the screen. Of course I decided long an hard between the GS5, M8 and the iphone 5s, but I ultimately went with the M8, in silver. And I'm so glad I did.

btw, my first HTC phone was the original Hero back in 2009. The coolest looking phone I've owned...till now.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ex-IPhone user then S3 user now HTC one..what an awesome phone its like the Ferrari of phones..I have jailbroken many iPhones but never rooted any of my androids can someone direct me to a guide.
    Thanks

go here
    This is easily one of the best phones I've owned. When I first got the iPhone 4, it felt euphoric. When I got this.... It felt that and some. I love it!!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Easily the best phone I've ever owned; And I've owned quite a few. Recently switched from a Note 3 to this. But I also owned an Xperia Z1, Nexus 5, Note 2, S4, and every iPhone up to the 5. Despite its camera limitations, I still talk it number one. Besides, if I plan on doing anything with a picture other than social media, I use my Canon DSLR.

Is anyone bothered about the device being slippery or its manageable?

I've had no problems, but i use the dot view case, thing is great in my opinion.
    What about without the case? Is it comfortable in hand?

It is to me. it's got enough heft that it doesn't want to fall out of my hand, but still manageable one handed. maybe it's just the case, but when i try to use the wife's S5 one handed, it feels too top heavy and light (i know, direct contradiction :p ) that it feels like it wants to fall out of my hand. I've never used with slippery/sweaty hands, so i can't comment on how slippery it might be. But it certainly feels good in my hand!