5,604,686 Members 36,244 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Monster M7 Tablet, need a root method.

Tip us?

Prevailious
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Sorry I haven't been responding quickly but seems like everyone has it figured out.

@bigdissved Windows 8.1 can be used with RKBatch Tool. You just need the latest drivers. Try to install the drivers from this one. I've tested it on my 8.1 laptop and it worked.
http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...s-v3-5-Drivers

@kelemvor33 Yeah monster tabs take forever (up to 10 minutes) for first boot. You mentioned you barely purchased the tablet? If the USB cord that came with it is thick, DO NOT use it as it'll mess up your tablet's charging port and Monster will charge you likee $60 to fix it. Just buy a different USB cable for like $5.

@norvell1984 The program mentioned in the video is called Rootmaster which the latest (english) version can be found here http://www.mgyun.com/en/GetVRoot
You don't need to have proper ADB drivers as the program will do everything for you. All you need to do is turn on Debugging mode. If the program doesn't detect your device after enabling Debugging mode, just re-flash the update file I uploaded and try the program again.
Note that this is supposed to be a ONE-CLICK method. If it takes you more than clicking the green button to root, then there's something wrong. Try a different USB port.

jivejockey5
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prevailious View Post
You'd simply need to have the tablet completely off & then hold down the volume down button and plug the USB in.

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

Just flash the update I just posted and you wont have to worry about this stuff

Every time I try holding the volume down while plugging in the USB all that happens is my tablet goes to an android recovery screen. What can I do to fix this and get it to let me flash the update.

dkraines
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I installed the image from Prevailios (post #83), installed the VRoot English root, M7 is rooted. However when I run SuperUser to try to convert to use that, it crashes when you hit the "i" to get to the update the binaries screen. Anybody have a solution for this.

Read_all_then_post
Old
(Last edited by Read_all_then_post; 9th April 2014 at 04:22 AM.) Reason: wheeleybawdgwamerofmies
Thanks Meter 0
Wink Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelemvor33 View Post
Hi all,

Just picked up two M7s for my kids and am very interested in whatever I need to do to increase the amount of space available for the apps. 1 gig is just silly.

This thread has grown quite large with lots of things that do work and don't work. Would anyone be so kind as to put together the official instructions that are known to work at this time? I did install the official firmware update to fix the freezing and such but it still just has the 1 gig of space.

Thanks a ton!!
The m7 tablet firstly installs all apps into the one gigabyte section off memory which is also used as ram you can move apps over to the nand/SD section of memory by going into settings then applications click on the recently installed app their will be a tab that says move to SD select it let it move than presto,some apps are unmovable,another and even easier way is to get the "clean master app" it will automatically show you how to do it ,plus has a boost button to free up unnecessary process.You don't need to do something as drasstic as messing with flashing via rooting etc! Mine works just fine stock following those guidelines ,but I do plan on doing some modding in the future, I just might pick up a second tab to do it on being as low priced as they are best luck...

kelemvor33
Old
Thanks Meter 2
For anyone else looking into this, here's what I did.

Use the steps over in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2623447

They have an image that's pre-rooted, has increased the app location size to 3 gigs, and also removed all the crapware that comes preinstalled on the tablet. I'm using that on both of mine and it's great.

Prevailious
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkraines View Post
I installed the image from Prevailios (post #83), installed the VRoot English root, M7 is rooted. However when I run SuperUser to try to convert to use that, it crashes when you hit the "i" to get to the update the binaries screen. Anybody have a solution for this.
Try to use SuperSU instead as it's the best Superuser app in the market.
When you initially open the app, it'll ask you if you want to update. Select yes.
When it asks you if you want to remove other Superuser apps, select no
Exit the app and go back in. If it doesn't ask you to update, then you've successfully converted to SuperSU.

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jivejockey5 View Post
Every time I try holding the volume down while plugging in the USB all that happens is my tablet goes to an android recovery screen. What can I do to fix this and get it to let me flash the update.
Okay, you have to make sure the tablet is completely off. So make sure it's not plugged. Hold down the power button for about 10 seconds so if you see the Monster logo, keep holding the power button down until the logo disappears.
Next, hold down the volume down button and plug in the USB. Make sure you have the RKBatch Tool open so you know when the tablet's detected.
If it takes you to recovery mode again, turn off the tablet by holding down the power button for 10 seconds and try the same thing again but press the volume up button instead of volume down.

If you're still having difficulty, please feel free to e-mail me at Prevailious@gmail.com so i can reply faster.