Tip us?

SilviuMik
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_GB View Post
Thanks for the reply...
Regarding second request..on desktop the status bar symbols are bright but when we open any app or settings the status bar symbols (WiFi signal network signal battery icon and clock) becomes dim as if some grey transparent image is palaced over the status bar...I hope now I am clear...
I can look into the images and transparency but don't have experience in the coding part...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Now i know what u mean, But this is the same on all stock roms Never bothered me lol . I can look inside Systemui in weekend but i won`t promiss u i will find where is that code ))
Phone: GT-I9192 Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos + Samsung 32GB microSD Card MB-MGBGB Pro Series
ROM: Stock 4.2.2 PDA: I9192XXUBNC1 / CSC: I9195ROMBNA1 / MODEM: I9192XXUBNC1
Kernel: Custom
Recovery: Stock
Retired Devices: GT-I9100 Samsung Galaxy S2 / GT-S5660 Samsung Galaxy Gio
The Following User Says Thank You to SilviuMik For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pankaj_GB
Old
Thanks Meter 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilviuMik View Post
Now i know what u mean, But this is the same on all stock roms Never bothered me lol . I can look inside Systemui in weekend but i won`t promiss u i will find where is that code ))
thanks for your reply man...i will also look into the images if i can do something related to images...

pankaj_GB
Old
Thanks Meter 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilviuMik View Post
For now GCC 4.9 is in RC mode, and for compiling kernel we don`t use GCC we use Linaro ( which is an optimized cross-compiling version of GCC ) Is a nice thing to read tho
About second request i have no clue what u mean ))
I don`t know much about modding all modding i did was on Accuweather transparent which is an easy mod
if we use latest linaro gcc then could there be any performance bump????

i found this thread which is using latest linaro gcc...

on s3 forum i saw just_archi is using gcc 4.8 with O2 flag and the rom is quiet snappier than others...i wanna ask if we can compile the stock sammy rom with gcc 4.8...

SilviuMik
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_GB View Post
if we use latest linaro gcc then could there be any performance bump????

i found this thread which is using latest linaro gcc...

on s3 forum i saw just_archi is using gcc 4.8 with O2 flag and the rom is quiet snappier than others...i wanna ask if we can compile the stock sammy rom with gcc 4.8...
We don`t have samsung rom source only Kernel
And for Kernel compiling if u use a newer version of compiler then Linaro GCC 4.6.4-2013.05 it will give lots of errors and would need a lot of code editing in kernel source, That will be much work to do, and i don`t think i have the time or knowledge to do that. Sorry mate . And if u ask me an 0.005 increase in performance is not worth the hassle ( if u get that much )
Phone: GT-I9192 Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos + Samsung 32GB microSD Card MB-MGBGB Pro Series
ROM: Stock 4.2.2 PDA: I9192XXUBNC1 / CSC: I9195ROMBNA1 / MODEM: I9192XXUBNC1
Kernel: Custom
Recovery: Stock
Retired Devices: GT-I9100 Samsung Galaxy S2 / GT-S5660 Samsung Galaxy Gio
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SilviuMik For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]