Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,967 Members 47,160 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How are you guys liking the 2 Nits in the dark?

Tip us?

boodies
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 255
Default How are you guys liking the 2 Nits in the dark?

I currently own the Note 2 and use apps like screen filter to drop my brightness at night. When you do, the image quality seems to suffer. I'd imagine that's not the case with the S5? Is it nice? Thanks.
Dropbox lets you sync files across several platforms. Sign up for free, install, and get me extra space! Dropbox

tdrussell
Old
Thanks Meter 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by boodies View Post
I currently own the Note 2 and use apps like screen filter to drop my brightness at night. When you do, the image quality seems to suffer. I'd imagine that's not the case with the S5? Is it nice? Thanks.
I think it's awesome, personally. Definitely something that drove me bonkers about my Note 2.
G900V
The Following User Says Thank You to tdrussell For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dibeachdude
Old
Thanks Meter 63
The display is pretty impressive. I am combine from an S4 Active, and I see a noticeable improvement. The display seems more natural. It's more like look at a photograph viewed with reflective light. If I could root mine, it would be perfect.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."

Device: Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900A)
Stock everything . . . for now.

Has anybody noticed this? If you open the little USB cap and hold it really close to your ear, you can hear a tiny voice scream, "Unlock me!"
The Following User Says Thank You to dibeachdude For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

frifox
Old
Thanks Meter 55
This is the first phone I don't need to use any screen dimmers at night. Screen brightness goes VERY low yet is still crystal clear.

Model.... Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)
ROM...... Stock

degast
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by frifox View Post
This is the first phone I don't need to use any screen dimmers at night. Screen brightness goes VERY low yet is still crystal clear.
Here's a little test for you:
  1. Go in pitch black dark room
  2. Turn brightness to 2 Nits
  3. Play video with fast moving dark (or black) objects (also do screen test app with colors)
currently using: Samsung Galaxy S5
Stock 4.4.2

2013-2014: Samsung Galaxy Ace
2011-2013: LG Optimus 2X
2009-2011: Sony Ericsson Xperia X1
2008-2009: HTC Touch Diamond
2007-2008: Nokia 6500 Slide

eyecon82
Old
Thanks Meter 1649
Quote:
I love it. I had to use the screen filter app before, but now it is unnecessary

-Sent from Tapatalk

deepen915
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
it's awesome! Goes a lot dimmer than the S4 and it still looks great clarity wise! Props to Samsung for further improving the AMOLED tech!

eyecon82
Old
Thanks Meter 1649
This is perfect for while in a theater watching a movie. Lol

-Sent from Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eyecon82 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

boodies
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 255
That is great to hear that these dimmer apps are not necessary anymore. The S5 is such an amazing phone. I just can't wait till the next note. I swear by the pen as I use it constantly at work. I do wish they had a S5 sized note tho lol. Thanks for the answers!
Dropbox lets you sync files across several platforms. Sign up for free, install, and get me extra space! Dropbox

eyecon82
Old
Thanks Meter 1649
Quote:
That is great to hear that these dimmer apps are not necessary anymore. The S5 is such an amazing phone. I just can't wait till the next note. I swear by the pen as I use it constantly at work. I do wish they had a S5 sized note tho lol. Thanks for the answers!
Yep

Before I was using the screen filter app, now there is no need

-Sent from Tapatalk