Google Play Newsstand 3.3 Brings Material Design Makeover

In a clear break from the previous practice of delivering nearly weekly Google … more

App Review: Calculating Your Android Calculator Options

Sure, everyone has a default Calculator and its something that you dont think about … more

MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

[Q] Galaxy Ace - Download mode and stock rom doesn't work

18th March 2014, 02:00 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I upgraded my Samsung Galaxy Ace s5830c to 4.2.2, run.
After I moved to 4.3 and also worked, but after changing some things in build.prop (Root Explorer), my phone stopped getting into Download mode, It is a gray screen forever. Now my phone is stopped ( Loop Infinite )

I can not do unroot: Installation Aborted.

When I try to change my android version (install zip from sd card), appear this: Installation Aborted
I did found the build.prop backup, and I can not go back to stock rom by odin, because as I said, the screen turns gray when I try to enter download mode.

Help me, will have to go back stock rom, downloading a backup. (My friend did it, but I did not think and do not know how to do)

Thanks, beautiful site admin
18th March 2014, 08:54 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 359

956 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fernando15j

I upgraded my Samsung Galaxy Ace s5830c to 4.2.2, run.
After I moved to 4.3 and also worked, but after changing some things in build.prop (Root Explorer), my phone stopped getting into Download mode, It is a gray screen forever. Now my phone is stopped ( Loop Infinite )

I can not do unroot: Installation Aborted.

When I try to change my android version (install zip from sd card), appear this: Installation Aborted
I did found the build.prop backup, and I can not go back to stock rom by odin, because as I said, the screen turns gray when I try to enter download mode.

Help me, will have to go back stock rom, downloading a backup. (My friend did it, but I did not think and do not know how to do)

Thanks, beautiful site admin

Sadly you have bricked your phone. But @SuperMini has provided us with a rather simple guide on how to unbrick Samsung Galaxy Ace that should hopefully work on your phone too. Go through the entire thread and you will get to know all the possible solutions. Make sure to use your phone's own key combination to enter the download mode. Here is the link,

How to unbrick Samsung Galaxy Ace

Do post your result. Hope I helped
Last edited by mahithm; 18th March 2014 at 08:58 AM.
18th March 2014, 06:28 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Thx bro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahithm

Sadly you have bricked your phone. But @SuperMini has provided us with a rather simple guide on how to unbrick Samsung Galaxy Ace that should hopefully work on your phone too. Go through the entire thread and you will get to know all the possible solutions. Make sure to use your phone's own key combination to enter the download mode. Here is the link,

How to unbrick Samsung Galaxy Ace

Do post your result. Hope I helped

i said '' i can't enter in download mode'' ..... this link above needs the odin ( odin needs download mode ) but '-'

I said that happen a gray touch after press the download mode buttons, but already entered on download mode, altrought doesn't appear any image, already is the download mode. So i did this...

After open the Odin and add: pit, boot, phone, pda, csc.... i did wipe reset and wipe cache, then i removed the sd-card and chip

1- download mode buttons
2- volume up + to continue
3- Click in Start on Odin

When appeared Pass, done '-'... thx for tried help me, thx
18th March 2014, 07:14 PM   |  #4  

956 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fernando15j

i said '' i can't enter in download mode'' ..... this link above needs the odin ( odin needs download mode ) but '-'

I said that happen a gray touch after press the download mode buttons, but already entered on download mode, altrought doesn't appear any image, already is the download mode. So i did this...

After open the Odin and add: pit, boot, phone, pda, csc.... i did wipe reset and wipe cache, then i removed the sd-card and chip

1- download mode buttons
2- volume up + to continue
3- Click in Start on Odin

When appeared Pass, done '-'... thx for tried help me, thx

No problem! Glad I could help
19th March 2014, 04:43 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 3

59 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:

No problem! Glad I could help

ok then.. !! let me try this... but please tell me first...

i have Cooper_v1.0.OPS to call in OPS
then i have Latest firmware (downloaded from samsung website) for call in One package.. right?

he wrote "After open the Odin and add: pit, boot, phone, pda, csc.... i did wipe reset and wipe cache, then i removed the sd-card and chip"

so basically whats is Pit, boot, phone, pda, csc .... and where to download them all.. and why? need to know this time before do again amazing thing with my mobile....
19th March 2014, 05:28 PM   |  #6  

956 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by info2shail2010

ok then.. !! let me try this... but please tell me first...

i have Cooper_v1.0.OPS to call in OPS
then i have Latest firmware (downloaded from samsung website) for call in One package.. right?

he wrote "After open the Odin and add: pit, boot, phone, pda, csc.... i did wipe reset and wipe cache, then i removed the sd-card and chip"

so basically whats is Pit, boot, phone, pda, csc .... and where to download them all.. and why? need to know this time before do again amazing thing with my mobile....

You can continue with the installation using "One Package". According to @fernando15j, when he pressed the key combo, it was in Download Mode even though the downloading image was not displayed. If this doesn't work work either, then your last option will be USB Jig. You can use the following guide to make your own,

Need a Samsung USB Jig? Build Your Own

I hope you can unbrick your Samsung Galaxy Ace. Good Luck! Hope I helped
The Following User Says Thank You to mahithm For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th April 2014, 07:50 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 3

59 posts
Quote:

You can continue with the installation using "One Package". According to @fernando15j, when he pressed the key combo, it was in Download Mode even though the downloading image was not displayed. If this doesn't work work either, then your last option will be USB Jig. You can use the following guide to make your own,

Need a Samsung USB Jig? Build Your Own

I hope you can unbrick your Samsung Galaxy Ace. Good Luck! Hope I helped

Nope.. all things failed..... i made 3 USB jigs... ( wasted 3 data cables :P ) ... but failed...
then i purchased a ready-made USB Jig from eBay... and tried but again failed....
now the situation is i cant access download mode... and even cant access Recovery mode...
16th April 2014, 08:58 AM   |  #8  

956 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by info2shail2010

Nope.. all things failed..... i made 3 USB jigs... ( wasted 3 data cables :P ) ... but failed...
then i purchased a ready-made USB Jig from eBay... and tried but again failed....
now the situation is i cant access download mode... and even cant access Recovery mode...

I'm so sorry to hear that. I suggested you that option because the user @Baracs was successful in forcing open his Ace's Download Mode using USB Jig. Here is the thread,

USB Jig for Ace

Guess it doesn't work sometimes

The Following User Says Thank You to mahithm For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread