Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,823 Members 42,074 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Best place to buy an online display/touch replacement

Tip us?

estuardo4
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Default Best place to buy an online display/touch replacement

Hello,

I've managed to crack my screen (jut took the phone out of my pocket), and of course, Sony blame me for this, so they won't honor the warranty. No matter if I showed them the pages where Sony is repairing this screens for free on other parts of the world.

They want to charge me $600 USD, so obviously I'm trying to buy a new display/lcd combo online, where I can find prices varying from $150 to $250 USD. The problem with this approach is that most of the vendors are not well known for me, so I don't know if they are worth of my trust.

Do any of you have a recommendation for an online vendor?

Thank you very much for your help. I've been without my phone for one month now, and I really miss playing with it.

bryanky5
Old
(Last edited by bryanky5; 16th April 2014 at 11:00 AM.)
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by estuardo4 View Post
Hello,

I've managed to crack my screen (jut took the phone out of my pocket), and of course, Sony blame me for this, so they won't honor the warranty. No matter if I showed them the pages where Sony is repairing this screens for free on other parts of the world.

They want to charge me $600 USD, so obviously I'm trying to buy a new display/lcd combo online, where I can find prices varying from $150 to $250 USD. The problem with this approach is that most of the vendors are not well known for me, so I don't know if they are worth of my trust.

Do any of you have a recommendation for an online vendor?

Thank you very much for your help. I've been without my phone for one month now, and I really miss playing with it.
I haven't personally used it but try etradesupply, they're selling the Z ultra display for $204.

Erica Griffin from Youtube has used them so at least they are trustworthy i guess if she recommended them.
The Following User Says Thank You to bryanky5 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]