Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,609 Members 42,407 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Lost At what to do!

Tip us?

TZ NUTZ
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Lost At what to do!

I Bought a Samsung Galaxy s4 from private sale 4 days ago. As i look further into the device I am having more and more problems. It says its is a MT6589 cpu model. The woman i got the phone from said it was from Italy. My computer recognizes the device through the my computer option but not when i plug it into kies or try odin. Id love to update the system to a american version so everything works. it is the 4.2.2 version 1.6 Mhz dual core. I cant seem to find a way with the drivers correct to see my device to root. when i power the device off and hold the power+Volume down+ menu it goes into something but its all Chinese and i cant read it.The accu weather will not work as it doesnt even recognize any where in the united states. The gps doesnt seem to work or wireless kies or many other functions.I am at a loss in what to do. I know a little but not a lot about the android system. I can get any info needed for anyone that may have any suggestions for me to try. Thank you so much. Basically I hope this is not a entire loss. I have tried a number of things to try to have kies see my device but no luck as of yet

gsmyth
Old
Thanks Meter 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by TZ NUTZ View Post
I Bought a Samsung Galaxy s4 from private sale 4 days ago. As i look further into the device I am having more and more problems. It says its is a MT6589 cpu model. The woman i got the phone from said it was from Italy. My computer recognizes the device through the my computer option but not when i plug it into kies or try odin. Id love to update the system to a american version so everything works. it is the 4.2.2 version 1.6 Mhz dual core. I cant seem to find a way with the drivers correct to see my device to root. when i power the device off and hold the power+Volume down+ menu it goes into something but its all Chinese and i cant read it.The accu weather will not work as it doesnt even recognize any where in the united states. The gps doesnt seem to work or wireless kies or many other functions.I am at a loss in what to do. I know a little but not a lot about the android system. I can get any info needed for anyone that may have any suggestions for me to try. Thank you so much. Basically I hope this is not a entire loss. I have tried a number of things to try to have kies see my device but no luck as of yet
Sorry you won't find much help here as you appear to have bought a chinese S4 clone. I suggest checking in the general android section for assistance as there won't be a dedicated forum for your device. I would ask for your money back as you have not been sold a genuine S4.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general
Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 - GoldenEye
Nexus 7 32GB WiFi 2012 - Liquid Smooth 4.4.4