No registration required

[Help] How to install ZIP stock firmware from Samsung

OP breaker12

16th April 2014, 01:39 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

89 posts
More
I have a Galaxy S4 i9506 model SHV E300S from SK Telecom (Korea). I can't update it via OTA as I'm currently in the Philippines and don't have a SKT Sim which is required. Kies is also not pushing any updates for me. So I searched the web and saw a firmware here: http://live.samsung-updates.com/inde...vice=SHV-E300S

My question is how to install this firmware to my phone? I only have Philz recovery installed but my phone is not rooted as I don't know why the guides aren't working for me. I also have another problem, as I can't boot to download mode since I have a Philz recovery installed. Please help me as 4.3 is really and eats up the battery of my phone. Thank you very much!
16th April 2014, 03:45 AM   |  #2  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 222

884 posts
More
U have to unzip the file which u got from that site.. u will get .tar.md5 file inside the zip.. download odin and flash that file using odin.. if u dont know how to use odin then google is ur best frnd in this case..

Sent from my GT-I9500
The Following User Says Thank You to coolkoushik07 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th April 2014, 04:17 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

89 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkoushik07

U have to unzip the file which u got from that site.. u will get .tar.md5 file inside the zip.. download odin and flash that file using odin.. if u dont know how to use odin then google is ur best frnd in this case..

Sent from my GT-I9500

Hi sir, thanks for the reply. I already tried once using odin when I installed Philz recovery CWM. And now that I have to use Odin again, i have to go to download mode again, right? It's actually one of myproblems as I don't know how to go to download mode since i have recovery installed and therefore when I press home + volume up + power button goes to recovery mode... Please help.. Thanks!
16th April 2014, 12:27 PM   |  #4  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 447

1,458 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by breaker12

Hi sir, thanks for the reply. I already tried once using odin when I installed Philz recovery CWM. And now that I have to use Odin again, i have to go to download mode again, right? It's actually one of myproblems as I don't know how to go to download mode since i have recovery installed and therefore when I press home + volume up + power button goes to recovery mode... Please help.. Thanks!

Download mode is accessed using volume down not volume up.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to ranger4740 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread