Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,124 Members 43,686 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Help] How to install ZIP stock firmware from Samsung

Tip us?

breaker12
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Unhappy [Help] How to install ZIP stock firmware from Samsung

I have a Galaxy S4 i9506 model SHV E300S from SK Telecom (Korea). I can't update it via OTA as I'm currently in the Philippines and don't have a SKT Sim which is required. Kies is also not pushing any updates for me. So I searched the web and saw a firmware here: http://live.samsung-updates.com/inde...vice=SHV-E300S

My question is how to install this firmware to my phone? I only have Philz recovery installed but my phone is not rooted as I don't know why the guides aren't working for me. I also have another problem, as I can't boot to download mode since I have a Philz recovery installed. Please help me as 4.3 is really and eats up the battery of my phone. Thank you very much!

coolkoushik07
Old
Thanks Meter 184
U have to unzip the file which u got from that site.. u will get .tar.md5 file inside the zip.. download odin and flash that file using odin.. if u dont know how to use odin then google is ur best frnd in this case..

Sent from my GT-I9500
Press thank if I helped you

Model: D5503 Xperia Z1 Compact, GT-I8552 Grand Quattro, GT-I9500 Galaxy S4(Returned to store after using 20 days)
The Following User Says Thank You to coolkoushik07 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

breaker12
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkoushik07 View Post
U have to unzip the file which u got from that site.. u will get .tar.md5 file inside the zip.. download odin and flash that file using odin.. if u dont know how to use odin then google is ur best frnd in this case..

Sent from my GT-I9500
Hi sir, thanks for the reply. I already tried once using odin when I installed Philz recovery CWM. And now that I have to use Odin again, i have to go to download mode again, right? It's actually one of myproblems as I don't know how to go to download mode since i have recovery installed and therefore when I press home + volume up + power button goes to recovery mode... Please help.. Thanks!

ranger4740
Old
Thanks Meter 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by breaker12 View Post
Hi sir, thanks for the reply. I already tried once using odin when I installed Philz recovery CWM. And now that I have to use Odin again, i have to go to download mode again, right? It's actually one of myproblems as I don't know how to go to download mode since i have recovery installed and therefore when I press home + volume up + power button goes to recovery mode... Please help.. Thanks!
Download mode is accessed using volume down not volume up.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Update: 8th April 2014
Samsung Galaxy S4 👉😆😄Echoe rom v20😄😆👈
Still on old BMG4 Boobloader + FNBH Baseband.👍

semi-retired
HTC Desire HD
(Hboot 2.00.0029 AND S-OFF)
SVHD V 2.1.0

Retired HTC Legend
The Following User Says Thank You to ranger4740 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]