Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

[Q] FXP314 phone switches between 2G and 3G mode ??

OP spp85

15th April 2014, 11:42 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Hello friends,

I recently installed CM11 FXP314 into my Xperia SP smartphone. The ROM is amazingly smooth and responsive to use. But with one problem is that even though I use preferred network type as 3G mode, the phone sometimes switches itself to 2G mode that results pretty slow internet speed. The stock Sony ROMs doesn't have this issue. Is there anything I can do?? Does the developer can fix this issue ???

Thanks in advance
15th April 2014, 02:11 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 73

497 posts
Force 3g under mobile setting

Gesendet von meinem Xperia SP
15th April 2014, 02:51 PM   |  #3  
Info 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by spp85

Hello friends,

I recently installed CM11 FXP314 into my Xperia SP smartphone. The ROM is amazingly smooth and responsive to use. But with one problem is that even though I use preferred network type as 3G mode, the phone sometimes switches itself to 2G mode that results pretty slow internet speed. The stock Sony ROMs doesn't have this issue. Is there anything I can do?? Does the developer can fix this issue ???

Thanks in advance

On your dialer, tap *#*#4636*#*#

A menu will show up:

Phone Information > *scroll down* > Set preferred network type > Choose 3G Only > Done!
15th April 2014, 05:16 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Nope.....its not working
Quote:
Originally Posted by joke19

Force 3g under mobile setting

Gesendet von meinem Xperia SP

On my CM11 there are basically 3 options under "Preferred network type" LTE, 3G and 2G. Since my phone is an C5302 model (No LTE support) me selected the 3G mode but the phone sometimes switches to 2G of its own, resulting poor internet speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechKiel

On your dialer, tap *#*#4636*#*#

A menu will show up:

Phone Information > *scroll down* > Set preferred network type > Choose 3G Only > Done!

That code shows me as "Your input code is invalid".
15th April 2014, 11:06 PM   |  #5  
Phone
Quote:

On my CM11 there are basically 3 options under "Preferred network type" LTE, 3G and 2G. Since my phone is an C5302 model (No LTE support) me selected the 3G mode but the phone sometimes switches to 2G of its own, resulting poor internet speed.

That code shows me as "Your input code is invalid".

Oops. It should be: *#*#4636#*#*
Sorry for that. )
16th April 2014, 04:03 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
seems worked...But
Quote:

Oops. It should be: *#*#4636#*#*
Sorry for that. )

Yes the the number worked and I changed the settings you said. Also in case if there is a situation where there is poor 3G range will I able to change to 2G mode by selecting under the preferred network type to 2G, instead of going through this number you said ??

Thanks in advance
16th April 2014, 08:50 AM   |  #7  
Quote:

Yes the the number worked and I changed the settings you said. Also in case if there is a situation where there is poor 3G range will I able to change to 2G mode by selecting under the preferred network type to 2G, instead of going through this number you said ??

Thanks in advance

You should be able to change it in Settings > More > Mobile Networks.

Hit thanks if you found my reply useful. :3
The Following User Says Thank You to TechKiel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th April 2014, 12:13 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
It worked
Quote:

You should be able to change it in Settings > More > Mobile Networks.

Hit thanks if you found my reply useful. :3

Yep here is my Thanks click

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread