Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,635 Members 38,761 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Screen issues or just plain amoled?

Tip us?

Lostatsea23
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72
Default Screen issues or just plain amoled?

So just noticed the screen STILL has grain to it. If you look close it looks hazy and grainy like film grain. You can see it on whites easily and in lower brightness.

I wonder if Samsung can ever fix this.

Also the screen has lines on it on low brightness on grey and white areas. Also very annoying.

Anyone else notice this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

MattMJB0188
Old
Thanks Meter 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostatsea23 View Post
So just noticed the screen STILL has grain to it. If you look close it looks hazy and grainy like film grain. You can see it on whites easily and in lower brightness.

I wonder if Samsung can ever fix this.

Also the screen has lines on it on low brightness on grey and white areas. Also very annoying.

Anyone else notice this?

Yes. I noticed this all the way back to the S2. I was actually wishing they would go with an IPS screen for the S5.

Lostatsea23
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72
Yeah this is annoying me to no end. The note 3 had it worse since it was bigger and had only 1080p still. Honestly I love the screen colors and such but my eyes are really sensitive to all this and I am a photographer and work with calibrated devices all day :/ I'd what to do. I'd go with the m8 but the phone is way too big

MattMJB0188
Old
Thanks Meter 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostatsea23 View Post
Yeah this is annoying me to no end. The note 3 had it worse since it was bigger and had only 1080p still. Honestly I love the screen colors and such but my eyes are really sensitive to all this and I am a photographer and work with calibrated devices all day :/ I'd what to do. I'd go with the m8 but the phone is way too big

I don't know what to tell ya. It's bothered me, but its one of those perks that comes with Super Amoled technology. :/ This is why I prefer the iPhone's screen to amoled.

Lostatsea23
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72
Damn Samsung lol. My girlfriend hates that I swap phones so much lol but I just paid 700 for this and I want to be content... guess I'll wait a little and see how I adjust to it

amsguitarist
Old
Thanks Meter 24
It's a sacrifice to have infinite contrast? I had the M7 and I have no idea what you are talking about. what did you ever do before 720p displays and before the iPhone 4? Holy crap.

Lostatsea23
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72
Infinite contrast isn't that appealing to me. Accurate colors and sharp screens without grain and horrible color shifting or tinting is.

skifreek
Old
Thanks Meter 38
I don't hold the phone to my face so I can't really tell. Compared to the n2 I came from its world's better.

atrix-burst-gs2-note-note2-gs5
ip 3gs---> Atrix 4G---> SGS2(sold)---> SGNote (carbon blue *sold*) ---> GN2 (titanium, miscom stock intl rom)