App Review: Calculating Your Android Calculator Options

Sure, everyone has a default Calculator and its something that you dont think about … more

MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

[Q] default keyboard keeps replacing swiftkey

14th April 2014, 12:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

23 posts
I have installed Swiftkey from Google Play and select it as the input method but after a few hours or so the default keyboard is selected again. I can't seem to make Swiftkey the default keyboard permanently. Anyone else run into this?
14th April 2014, 12:48 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 101

463 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckworth

I have installed Swiftkey from Google Play and select it as the input method but after a few hours or so the default keyboard is selected again. I can't seem to make Swiftkey the default keyboard permanently. Anyone else run into this?

This might be your issue?

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/03...ogle-keyboard/

Supposedly only on updates...but it wouldn't shock me if the behavior happens more often than that....it's called a bug for a reason.
14th April 2014, 02:34 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

23 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakemcbride21

This might be your issue?

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/03...ogle-keyboard/

Supposedly only on updates...but it wouldn't shock me if the behavior happens more often than that....it's called a bug for a reason.

Interesting. I wonder if that is the issue. Is anyone else having this problem with other 3rd party keyboards on the M8?
I will have to see if there is a way to convert it to a system app.
14th April 2014, 09:56 PM   |  #4  

113 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckworth

Interesting. I wonder if that is the issue. Is anyone else having this problem with other 3rd party keyboards on the M8?
I will have to see if there is a way to convert it to a system app.

I'm not having that problem with the Google Keyboard installed from the Play Store.
15th April 2014, 12:44 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 70

555 posts
No but i had Kii installed on my note 3 and it kept switching back to stock keyboard. For some reason the updated versions wouldn't work I had to stick with one build

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
16th April 2014, 01:09 PM   |  #6  
Flag York, PA
Thanks Meter: 14

135 posts
More
Same here.. I ended up resorting to freezing the stock keyboard w/ TiBu to get SwiftKey to permanently stick
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread