Search This thread

Rhonin86

Nov 17, 2011
Hagen
ZTE Axon 10 Pro
Samsung Galaxy A54 5G
Did you uncheck the app at Security -> device administrator before you tried to uninstall it? This has to be done before you can uninstall it. For it works.

THX bro - this was the missing link - never had an app tested that is so deeply chained into the system despite Chatheads .... but there i succeed in uninstalling

Cheers

Rhonin

BTW - i will test it also now after the hint under PA 4.2 - my daily driver - just to see how it behaves...

Reactions: X-Jonte-X

testmonkey1

Dec 26, 2013
+1

and i cant disable "wake up on notification" as well. id like the screen to come on only when i look at my phone when i know i have a notification, dont want it waking up everytime i get sth, kinda defeats the purpose of active mode if you think about it, hah. but otherwise, looks great!
+1

Why are those options greyed out? This otherwise amazing app is rendered useless for me due to the "wake on notifications" being greyed out.

ill-dill

Jan 16, 2011
Lovely app great work. Wish only i could have camera on lockscreen .

Im on Stock kitkat 4.4.2 Moto G , Rooted

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Jakub_Z.

Jul 2, 2013
It would be great if we had locksreen like this to use - please make it happen ;)

And one more thing - is it possible to make incoming notifications appear a little lower?
I mean not on top of the screen, maybe in centre - I have a problem when there is only one notification and my screen is big and hand kinda little ;)

ED: One problem - sometimes I'm getting onscreen info about fullscreen mode from my OS. I guess this is 4.4.2 problem, right? A little bit annoying at some point - you want to read notification and first you need to tap OK on appearing info. *sight*

Last edited:

Humanio

Oct 8, 2010
Excuse my ignorance here. I really love this app thus far, its very useful and simple to use. Is there a reason the screenshots show a different interface (with the ring around the notification) vs Mirrored Timeout bar? Just curious. Great job either way.

sNoxious

Feb 11, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Excuse my ignorance here. I really love this app thus far, its very useful and simple to use. Is there a reason the screenshots show a different interface (with the ring around the notification) vs Mirrored Timeout bar? Just curious. Great job either way.

That's the Stable version, if you've joined in the Beta program then you have the new design elements and features.

Sent from my Nexus 5

claytonjn

Nov 3, 2011
claytonjamesphotography.webs.com
First pin it by swiping it up, then swipe the notification.

I've also noticed that multi-touch works, i.e. one can hold the notification icon with one finger and interact with the notification with another. This includes swiping it away.

I've been using AcDisplay for a couple days now after having used DynamicNotifications for months. I'm really liking the UI of the beta. There is one feature I would like to request, which is adding an option to have the display turn off when all notifications are cleared remotely from within Android itself. Basically, the way it works now if I swipe away notifications from AcDisplay so that the unlock icon shows is fine, but if, for example, AcDisplay is showing only a notification for an email, and I check the notification from my computer causing the notification to be cleared on the device, which in turn causes the notification to be cleared from AcDisplay, if it was the last notification in AcDisplay then the screen should turn off. I hope this makes sense.

Also, here's a couple workarounds I found for some features that were missing:

The first feature is the ability to have AcDisplay always on when there are notifications showing. The way I got this to work is by modifying the values for timeout_normal and timeout_short in /data/data/com.achep.activedisplay/shared_prefs/config.xml

The second is having Tasker control when AcDisplay can come on. I use an NFC tag next to my bed to trigger a sleep mode in Tasker (I can't set specific hours because my schedule is too inconsistent) this does a plethora of things including turning off my bedroom lights. I wanted it to also be able to turn off AcDisplay. To do this, Secure Settings is needed. Simply configure Secure Settings to disable notification access to AcDisplay. Then, when my alarm goes off and triggers my wake up mode in Tasker I have Secure Settings enable notification access to AcDisplay.

Reactions: pitastrudl
I

IvIaniac

Are you taking requests, OP? If you are, could you perhaps integrate a setting for Active Mode that lets the screen only switch if you remove it from your pocket only if there's a notification there?

Also, I think it's a bit less intuitive that you have to swipe up to pin the notification if you could just tap the notification icon instead to activate the notification whilst you read it. Plus, given that the normal direction in which to unlock your device on the stock Android lock screen is to the right, swiping up gets confusing sometimes.

Don't get me wrong, I love this app, and I'm going to be using it for a long time to come. Thanks! :highfive:

Edit: Sorry, just noticed something else now: after I tap on the notification to go to the app, and back out of it, it takes me back to the Ac screen. An option perhaps to take me to the home screen directly instead?

Last edited:

Humanio

Oct 8, 2010
Are you taking requests, OP? If you are, could you perhaps integrate a setting for Active Mode that lets the screen only switch if you remove it from your pocket only if there's a notification there?

Also, I think it's a bit less intuitive that you have to swipe up to pin the notification if you could just tap the notification icon instead to activate the notification whilst you read it. Plus, given that the normal direction in which to unlock your device on the stock Android lock screen is to the right, swiping up gets confusing sometimes.

Don't get me wrong, I love this app, and I'm going to be using it for a long time to come. Thanks! :highfive:

I agree as well that its more intuitive to tap the notification to pin it initially versus swiping to pin it. I always find myself tapping and holding the view the message, then tapping the notification to open it up directly. As it stands I tap and hold to view, then swipe to pin, then tap the notification to view it again inside the app. Would be nice to eliminate redundancy.

Houamei

Jul 9, 2013
Berlin
Thanks for this great App, using it on my Moto G ( Falcon ). I am in the Beta and there no bugs found working well since some days.

Good work, keep it on.

reza.8.h

Jun 1, 2012
Rasht
Redmi Note 8 Pro

:

+1
i think its better to dont need swipe up to pin for read the notification...
sorry for bad english

Reactions: matmutant

abu46

Dec 7, 2011
GREAT APP!!!
the latest version works great, you should upload it to play store...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AcDisplay
    Open Source Android app

screenshot1.png
    screenshot2.png

AcDisplay is a new way of handling notifications in Android.

It will inform you about new notifications by showing a minimal, beautiful screen, allowing you to open them directly from the lock screen. And if you want to see what's going on, you can simply take your phone out of your pocket to view all the latest notifications, in a similarly pleasing and minimalistic manner.

Code:
    Copyright (C) 2013-2015 AChep@xda <artemchep@gmail.com>

This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
    modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
    as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2
    of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
    but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
    MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
    GNU General Public License for more details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
    along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
    Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston,
    MA  02110-1301, USA.

Android: 4.1+ (Android 4.4+ is recommended)

Official webpage: http://acdisplay.org
    Download: http://releases.acdisplay.org
    Repository: http://repo.acdisplay.org
    Translate: http://translate.acdisplay.org
    Google+ community: http://community.acdisplay.org
    Feel free to comment and post your suggestions!
    Whoa! Version 2.1.1 is here: this is basically a bug-fix release
    - Snapshot of translations from crowdin
    - Slightly increased the size of notification icons
    - Dynamic backgrounds
    - Mirrored timeout bar (option)
    - Shadows (option)
    - Updated icons
    - Xposed module
    - Fixed "Some icons are cropped / empty"
    - Fixed "Timeout can be 0 seconds"
    - Fixed "There's a delay between selecting notifications"
    - Minor impoverments and fixes.

The update doesn't contain music controls and simplified UI and some other things. Yet.
    Enjoy new version!

Version 1.2.4 (18.02.2014)
    - Option to use app only while charging
    - Option to enable low-priority notifications
    - Option to configure timeouts.
    - Swipe to dismiss notification
    - Fixes for test notification.
    - Ability to hide date
    - New icon
    - Translations (thanks to all who helped me!): Greek, Hebrev, Romanian, Serbian (cyr.), Arabic, Chinese Simp., Chinese Trad., Dutch, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Brazilian, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish
    - Some improverments and fixes