Post Reply

Noise in headphones since kitkat

OP tlkl

10th April 2014, 10:31 AM   |  #21  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 200
 
810 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by bukmba

Well CloudyPro is indeed good and solves the hissing sound issue.
The downside, as with many custom roms, are random reboots. For me about once a day or so.
Pretty annoying each time.

I have been using this ROM for weeks and I haven't had a single unexpected reboot. I doubt that it is ROM related.
Unless it's related to your G2 model. I have the D802 as mentioned in my footer.
10th April 2014, 10:51 AM   |  #22  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
38 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarfsan

I have been using this ROM for weeks and I haven't had a single unexpected reboot. I doubt that it is ROM related.
Unless it's related to your G2 model. I have the D802 as mentioned in my footer.

I do have the D802 as well. Good to know it works for you so I might dig a bit more in to find out what might cause the random reboots if it's not the Rom. Otherwise the only option would be a downgrade to 4.2.2 as I really can't stand that hissing sound.
10th April 2014, 10:59 AM   |  #23  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 200
 
810 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by bukmba

I do have the D802 as well. Good to know it works for you so I might dig a bit more in to find out what might cause the random reboots if it's not the Rom. Otherwise the only option would be a downgrade to 4.2.2 as I really can't stand that hissing sound.

I have had problems with random reboots on all the ROMs that I have tried if I have very poor signal. But generally I don't have this problem because the signal is pretty great where I usually go here.

I use dr87s kernel. Mabe that would do the trick? It runs very smooth with this ROM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gnarfsan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th April 2014, 09:02 AM   |  #24  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
38 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
My phone all of a sudden went into bootloop after using Cloudy pro and dr87s Kernel for two days. Back to stock 4.4.2, rooted, installed xPosed and G2 Tweaksbox. Enabled hissing sound fix and all is good now. Stable system and great sound. Oh and I really recommend Viper4android. It's just such a big difference to stock sound.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
Last edited by bukmba; 14th April 2014 at 10:51 AM.
15th April 2014, 02:04 AM   |  #25  
EdForce1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
202 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Hissing sound fix? Please elaborate 😀

Sent fra min LG-D802 via Tapatalk
16th April 2014, 04:30 AM   |  #26  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
38 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
The "fix hissing sound" feature in G2 Tweaksbox works perfectly good. At least for me. Recommend it to everyone with this issue rather than changing roms.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to bukmba For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th April 2014, 01:26 PM   |  #27  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
50 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bukmba

The "fix hissing sound" feature in G2 Tweaksbox works perfectly good. At least for me. Recommend it to everyone with this issue rather than changing roms.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

I might try Kitkat again if this temporary fix works.
16th April 2014, 01:52 PM   |  #28  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
38 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Find full manual here. Need to scroll down a bit. You gotta need to download the mixer_path file too, link included in the manual.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2549923

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to bukmba For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in G2 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank