Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,983 Members 45,556 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stock Browser

Tip us?

blacknet101
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 78

DONATE TO ME
Default Stock Browser

I was at Best Buy today and i noticed that the S5 they had on their display had a different stock Browser.

did Verizon only leave Chrome on this device or is this normal?

I actually liked the stock browser but where can we get it?

Edit: Realized should have posted this on Q&A sorry guys!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

*.what we do in life, echoes in eternity.*
|| Device: HTC One [M8] || Future Device: Galaxy s5 ||ROM: Stock Sense 6.0 || Kernel: Stock || Recovery: Stock ||

|| Samsung Fascinate || iPhone 4 || Nexus S 4G || Droid Bionic || iPhone 4 || iPhone 4s || Galaxy Nexus || Droid RAZR HD ||
Galaxy sIII || iPhone 5 || Galaxy s4 || HTC One || Nexus 4 || MotoX || Galaxy s4 || iPhone 5s || LG G2 || Nexus 5 || iPhone 5s || Samsung Note 3 || HTC One [M8] || Samsung Galaxy s5 ||

EVOme
Old
Thanks Meter 149
Verizon typically removed the stock browser for Chrome. Once root is achieved, people usually grab the stock browser from a T-Mobile device to install on the others. I did it with my G2.

open1your1eyes0
Old
Thanks Meter 3245

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOme View Post
Verizon typically removed the stock browser for Chrome. Once root is achieved, people usually grab the stock browser from a T-Mobile device to install on the others. I did it with my G2.
Not 100% true (in the cases of S4 and Note 3 at least). Both stock Samsung browser and Chrome are there even on the latest build. If OP is correct this would be a first actually.

But that's okay since Samsung browser no longer works with flash anyways Chrome is far better. Less apps on the device is not much to complain about.

garwynn
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 7384

DONATE TO ME
Moved to Q&A as OP already noticed it should have been there.
Contact: Twitter || Google+/Hangouts (Non-Moderator issues only please)
Useful Links: Forum Moderator List || Forum Rules

Please continue to thank and support those who bring these great things to our devices!
(That includes RTs, RCs, RDs/SRDs, FMs/SFMs and the people who maintain the site.)

topaz330
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by open1your1eyes0 View Post
Not 100% true (in the cases of S4 and Note 3 at least). Both stock Samsung browser and Chrome are there even on the latest build. If OP is correct this would be a first actually.

But that's okay since Samsung browser no longer works with flash anyways Chrome is far better. Less apps on the device is not much to complain about.
thats because s4 and n3 were 4.3. I believe all kit kat have chrome as the stock browser