Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Verizon G2 Cracked Screen - How do I pull my files off the device? (Urgent)

OP rohicks

16th April 2014, 05:52 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Some asshole knocked my verizon g2 out of my hand at the bar the other night on my way out. Landed face down and cracked the screen. The screen is completely unresponsive to touch. Turns on, charges, and works just fine minus the ability to interact with the device via touch.

I just got my insurance replacement in the mail, and I have a few days before I need to send the old one back in to verizon. I have no pin number on the lock screen, but I have no way to put the device into MTP to transfer files over. How can I pull all my files off this? Is it possible?

Any help!?
Last edited by rohicks; 16th April 2014 at 06:02 AM.
16th April 2014, 10:31 AM   |  #2  
Flag Croydon
Thanks Meter: 17

235 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohicks

Some asshole knocked my verizon g2 out of my hand at the bar the other night on my way out. Landed face down and cracked the screen. The screen is completely unresponsive to touch. Turns on, charges, and works just fine minus the ability to interact with the device via touch.

I just got my insurance replacement in the mail, and I have a few days before I need to send the old one back in to verizon. I have no pin number on the lock screen, but I have no way to put the device into MTP to transfer files over. How can I pull all my files off this? Is it possible?

Any help!?

Get of of those OTG cable and plug in a usb mouse and enable MTP. Thats what I did when my S3 cracked.
16th April 2014, 03:19 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by super114

Get of of those OTG cable and plug in a usb mouse and enable MTP. Thats what I did when my S3 cracked.

Ya I was going to try and find an OTG cable today to attempt that. Hopefully that works

Another idea was to swap out the screen to the old one get the files and then replace it back on the new one. But I quickly decided against that after watching the videos. To much trouble for something to go wrong.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread