Sony Encouraging SmartWatch 2 Development

Mobile device companies like selling devices–it’s how they make their money and … more

Easily Toggles Your Lollipop Mobile Data Network Type

Android Lollipop is by good margin the most advanced and refinedversion of … more

Unofficial CM12 for Android One, Disabling Encryption on Nexus 6 – XDA TV

Android One devices have received an Unofficial CyanogenMod … more

Pushbullet Universal Copy/Paste Availabe for Linux, Mac OS X

Pushbullet is one of those useful utilities that once installed, permanently … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] looping after doing something stupid.

OP s996kingsm

14th April 2014, 10:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
well good afternoon. I messed up my phone and I am not quite sure how. on the bootloader screen I have

***TAMPERED***
***UNLOCKED***
EVITA PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.14.0000
RADIO-0.24p.32.09.06
OpenDSP-v34.1.0.45.1219
eMMC-boot
Nov 26 2012,18:37:14:-1

so I was trying to get a new ROM on it I can move stuff to it using fastboot and adb but nothing will install I keep getting signature errors.
most of the time I can not find the ROM's I send through adb when I go to install them. It is like my SDcard died or is formatted funny. Any help would be great what can I do I just wanted something other than AT&T's 4.1 oh I have twrp 2.7.0.0 on it. cid: 11111111

Thanks
Steven
Last edited by s996kingsm; 14th April 2014 at 10:46 PM. Reason: adding cid
14th April 2014, 11:20 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 7,196

14,975 posts
Donate to Me
More
Why are you using adb to send the ROM zips to your phone? You can use the "mount usb storage" feature in TWRP to mount your sd card as a removable drive in Windows and copy files across. What are the exact filenames of the ROM zips you've flashed? I need the exact filename. You're s-on so have you been flashing the boot.img via fastboot after flashing the ROM zip?

Sent from my One XL using Tapatalk
14th April 2014, 11:29 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa

Why are you using adb to send the ROM zips to your phone? You can use the "mount usb storage" feature in TWRP to mount your sd card as a removable drive in Windows and copy files across. What are the exact filenames of the ROM zips you've flashed? I need the exact filename. You're s-on so have you been flashing the boot.img via fastboot after flashing the ROM zip?

one of them I tried today is CleanROM-7.0R2.zip. I have tried to mount usb storage and it seems to never mount my sdcard when windows finally does see it it is not recognized with in windows and ask to be formatted.
15th April 2014, 01:02 AM   |  #4  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 1,434

3,361 posts
Donate to Me
More
Did you do a factory reset in bootloader? This corrupts the sdcard and requires formatting it

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to exad For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th April 2014, 02:27 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne

14,975 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by s996kingsm

one of them I tried today is CleanROM-7.0R2.zip. I have tried to mount usb storage and it seems to never mount my sdcard when windows finally does see it it is not recognized with in windows and ask to be formatted.

My guess is that you've performed a factory reset from within the bootloader, which corrupts the sd card. You're gonna need to wipe the sd card using TWRP, then mount it and format it (fat32 format) using Windows.

The Following User Says Thank You to timmaaa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th April 2014, 03:13 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa

My guess is that you've performed a factory reset from within the bootloader, which corrupts the sd card. You're gonna need to wipe the sd card using TWRP, then mount it and format it (fat32 format) using Windows.

I will try that i do think that is what I did I have no OS on my device now. so hopefully this will help. thank you I will let you know if it works.
15th April 2014, 03:34 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
what if i cant get it to wipe the SD and so i cant get it to ask me in windows to format it anymore?
15th April 2014, 05:06 AM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne

14,975 posts
Donate to Me
More
Don't worry about that unless it actually happens. I can't think of any reason why that would happen, as long as you can get into recovery you'll be able to wipe your sd card and then format it.
16th April 2014, 02:59 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
I finally got it. I had to down grade twrp to 2.6.3.3 then my pc recognized my phone and the SDcard. I formatted it (the SDcard) rebooted to fastboot-usb (fastboot flash boot boot.img) reboot into recovery transfer the ROM.zip to the SDcard install the ROM in twrp. rebooted and it came up. Now the only thing I cant seem to do is get S-OFF working. Oh I am on CleanROM-7.0R2.zip

thank you for all the help.
Last edited by s996kingsm; 16th April 2014 at 03:04 PM. Reason: adding rom
16th April 2014, 03:58 PM   |  #10  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne

14,975 posts
Donate to Me
More
No problems. But please press the thanks button as opposed to actually posting thanks, it's the proper way to show our gratitude on XDA. Cheers.

Sent from my Evita

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread