5,597,261 Members 40,871 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][OFFICIAL][4.4.2] OmniROM Nightlies [TMO]

Tip us?

jakew02
Old
(Last edited by jakew02; 5th April 2014 at 04:45 PM.)
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1987

DONATE TO ME
I am totally and completely re-doing the entirety of the jflte repositories tonight. hopefully all of these stupid issues will be resolved. A test build will be posted on OmniROM's G+ Community Page when it is available.

I apologize for my absence here, I had to get rid of the device several months ago. I did not request ownership change of this thread because the other jflte maintainers didn't want it, as they were monitoring here, but they have since quit omnirom.

I will be working on the jflte repositories again until a full-time device maintainer is found for omni's jflte support.

Again, I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences here.

Test build is posted in the OmniROM Google+ Community - Samsung Galaxy S4 Section
Full custom kernel support is back as well ( a user just reported that KToonsez's kernel works

Individual variant build will also be stopped ,and only jflte unified will be built once I merge the changes. YOU MUST, MUST, MUST CONDUCT A FULL-WIPE WHEN SWITCHING FROM A VARIANT BUILD TO THE UNIFIED BUILD. DO NOT POST ABOUT BUGS IF YOU DIDN'T DO A FULL WIPE/CLEAN INSTALL

Test build here: https://plus.google.com/101979049437...ts/2J2iqvb2UGj

Leave feedback ON THAT POST. thanks.
Please Do Not PM Me For Support
THIS IS WHY WE HAVE JIRA BUG TRACKING

OmniROM
My Supported Devices:
LG G2 - all variants
Samsung Galaxy S4 - all variants

OmniROM GitHub
The Following User Says Thank You to jakew02 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alias4ever
Old
Thanks Meter 26

DONATE TO ME
I looked at the OP but it hasn't been updated lately so forgive me if this is a dumb question.

Can I ask what bugs are current with this ROM? I would love to install it as it looks great! Thanks so much to all for this ROM can't wait to give it a try. Just want to make sure there are bugs that will drive me crazy.

jakew02
Old
Thanks Meter 1987

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by alias4ever View Post
I looked at the OP but it hasn't been updated lately so forgive me if this is a dumb question.

Can I ask what bugs are current with this ROM? I would love to install it as it looks great! Thanks so much to all for this ROM can't wait to give it a try. Just want to make sure there are bugs that will drive me crazy.
Just install it and see. Some users are reporting that the camera doesn't work, but others are saying it works fine. So i'm not sure if this is due to user-error or what. I'm trying to get to the bottom of this right now. Either way, just flash it and see. It takes about 30 seconds to make a backup and do a full wipe

OmniROM
My Supported Devices:
LG G2 - all variants

OmniROM GitHub

Cuzuaintme
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Hey,

I'm not sure why when I attempt to flash the latest nightly (04.07?), that I get failed errors on TWRP 2.7.0.0 along with the latest unified build (04.16?) I am getting the same errors. If there is a unified thread out there, may I please have some guidance.

Currently my S4 is running Nightly 03.07, ( yeah, I know quite old) Nothing else will flash

PiggySmalls502
Old
Thanks Meter 1061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuzuaintme View Post
Hey,

I'm not sure why when I attempt to flash the latest nightly (04.07?), that I get failed errors on TWRP 2.7.0.0 along with the latest unified build (04.16?) I am getting the same errors. If there is a unified thread out there, may I please have some guidance.

Currently my S4 is running Nightly 03.07, ( yeah, I know quite old) Nothing else will flash
Update to TWRP 2.7.0.1. the one you're on is buggy

jakew02
Old
(Last edited by jakew02; 16th April 2014 at 03:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1987

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuzuaintme View Post
Hey,

I can't do anything without logs. TWRP will save a recovery.log to your storage that you can upload. You need to at least tell me what error message recovery is giving you. Saying " I can't flash" is like going to the mechanic and saying my car won't start, there's a ton of things it could be that a small description would tremendously narrow down.

From the OmniROM G+ Community: https://plus.google.com/106783906026...ts/3HhX8PRm9qc

I know this is for an S3 but is this what is happening?

And make sure you are using the latest TWRP like @PiggySmalls502 stated above.

OmniROM
My Supported Devices:
LG G2 - all variants

OmniROM GitHub