Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Does my phone need a new battery?

OP its_ja10

15th April 2014, 07:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
94 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
As the title says. My battery lasts for about 6hrs screen time which I know is pretty good. But the problem is after ~45% my battery drains pretty fast without me even doing anything. Ive already tried clearing cache, also I have bbstats to see if there are any wakelocks and there are none. My phone is in deep sleep.
Currently I am at 70% with 2h15m screen time. After 45% my battery goes down the drain

Time for a new one? Please no recommendations of the zero lemon battery. That thing is huge and I like my phone sleek and slim

Thanks

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
16th April 2014, 05:28 AM   |  #2  
Coug76's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag East of Seattle
Thanks Meter: 803
 
2,049 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by its_ja10

As the title says. My battery lasts for about 6hrs screen time which I know is pretty good. But the problem is after ~45% my battery drains pretty fast without me even doing anything. Ive already tried clearing cache, also I have bbstats to see if there are any wakelocks and there are none. My phone is in deep sleep.
Currently I am at 70% with 2h15m screen time. After 45% my battery goes down the drain

Time for a new one? Please no recommendations of the zero lemon battery. That thing is huge and I like my phone sleek and slim

Thanks

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

What rom are you running? How long has your battery been in service? I find that my battery drains at different rates based on time of day (and my ability to goof with the device).

Post a screen shot of your settings screens battery graph after a good long run without recharging. I use a widget that shows estimated amperage flow that helps me see what is going on.

Also check for wakelocks.



Hastily spouted for your befuddlement
The Following User Says Thank You to Coug76 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th April 2014, 04:22 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
94 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coug76

What rom are you running? How long has your battery been in service? I find that my battery drains at different rates based on time of day (and my ability to goof with the device).

Post a screen shot of your settings screens battery graph after a good long run without recharging. I use a widget that shows estimated amperage flow that helps me see what is going on.

Also check for wakelocks.



Hastily spouted for your befuddlement

I'm on tweaked rom. I've only had this device for about 10-11 mnths now (which I know isn't that long). There are no wakelocks, as stated in the original post. I will post the battery settings screen tonight.

At the moment of posting this thread, I had at 2h15m screen time with 70% battery remaining. I am now at 30% at ~4h30m screen time.

I dont want more battery life, I just need more reliable battery life. I dont want to be looking for a charger at 40%.

THanks for all your help though
Last edited by its_ja10; 16th April 2014 at 04:23 PM. Reason: mistake
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes