Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Do any of you REALLY want a metal/aluminum Galaxy??

OP fastfed

16th April 2014, 02:38 AM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 1,652

2,242 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCJ89

all round performance is great, phonebook lag is annoying though takes a second to load.

Surprised they didn't get rid of the phone book lag yet

-Sent from Tapatalk
16th April 2014, 01:35 PM   |  #22  
Flag NORWICH, England
Thanks Meter: 293

800 posts
More
I am with you fastfed!

I have just returned my HTC One M8 to exchange it for a Galaxy S5. Sure the HTC looked beautiful but I felt it wasn't going to look like that for long, I almost felt I should wear white cotton gloves before I bought a case for it. A case that would cover all that beauty.

It also got very hot in the hand and I was not going to be putting it anywhere near water!

Aluminium and glass are no more premium than polycarbonate. Go to Coca Cola and see what they put fizzy drinks in, yup glass and aluminium. Polycarbonate is not the same plastic used in your average 2 litre bottle of cola! The plastics Samsung use are very durable and allow for the all important battery swap. Also reducing weight and speeding up production.

I do hope Samsung can come up with something more stylish however, after all - plastic can be moulded into any shape lending itself to something that might make us all go WOW some day. In the meantime they should keep doing what they do well, making brilliant smartphones.
16th April 2014, 02:43 PM   |  #23  
Flag Porto Alegre
Thanks Meter: 1,780

3,221 posts
More
I don't want a shiny piece of turd, let it be the HTCrap phone for hipsters.

Enviado do meu Galaxy S4
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dandroid13 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th April 2014, 05:00 PM   |  #24  
Flag Morrisville
Thanks Meter: 8

113 posts
More
Hope samsung stays with removable battery
Yes. Removable battery is more important than metal cover.
To the more intrested, you can change the cover to your taste, get a case which comes with back cover etc
If back cover damages, you can easly replace it..

The advantages are numerous. If people were looking for metail, M7 should have won the market and HTC sitting on cash pile now.
Hopefully Samsung notice it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread