Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,983 Members 46,297 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] LiquidSmooth 4.4.2 3/28 huge zoomed apps, forgetful wifi and SELinux run amok

Tip us?

rhardy
Old
(Last edited by rhardy; 6th April 2014 at 12:53 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] LiquidSmooth 4.4.2 3/28 huge zoomed apps, forgetful wifi and SELinux run amok

A few weeks back I upgraded from 4.1.2 stock to 4.4.2 Liquidsmooth on my SGH-T999V. I've updated a few times since and am running 2014-03-28. The 4.4.2 transition has been quite painful. I'm lost control of my phone and key functionality no longer works. I really don't understand how manufacturers think it is ok to suddenly turn on SELinux with their settings, provide no means to change them and disable every venue I can find to configure my device or turn this off when needed.

1. Has anyone found a workaround which can get SELinux into permissive on this device? If I don't find a solution to this, this will be the last Samsung device I ever buy... All my Nexus devices all work well with 4.4.2, updated easy with OTA updates and do not have this foolishness.

2. On 4.4.2, my device keeps forgetting my wifi access points and it is getting tiresome. I'll find the device on mobile data, restore my wifi access points from Titanium backup XML and before the restore notification even completes I'll be back on working Wifi. Wifi lasts about a day. Has anyone found a solution to this or even what is causing this?
***Edit 2. seems to have fixed itself in recent nightly builds.

3. There are certain key applications which do not work properly on this 4.4.2 ROM. Some I gave up on. Others I can't. Specifically both ING Direct Canada banking application and Symantec VIP Access soft token both fail in a similar way. Basically after a normal splash screen the main screens of the applications have huge text and huge buttons. Elements of the UI are also huge ex. the menu on the login screen which used to be a single or a couple rows now takes half the screen. Basically everything is on at least 6X zoom. I'm not even really sure what is causing this. I've tried tweaking some per app settings but they didn't help. Can anyone suggest a solution?

I do like the UI improvements but that may just be from switching to KK Launcher. The device seems faster and my battery does seem to last a lot longer on this ROM.

rhardy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Update

The apps which are huge zoomed are getting slowly replaced with fixed versions.
Forgetful Wifi access points seem to have been fixed in the nightly builds. Selinux remains an unworkable problem.