[Q] Bricked Android

16th April 2014, 04:39 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Hey

I did something really stupid today, and i am hoping to get some help.
I recently bought an Galaxy S4 replica (gt-i9500), from Mediatek. It was working fine at first and looked like a pretty stable replica but it had some apps and stuff i didnt want so i did a factory reset. After that a Mediatek logo loaded up every time i would turn my phone on, (when i got it it would only display the stock samsung logo). I read a couple of articles on the internet which said you could change that by replacing the boot_logo on (device/media/images) But I accidentally deleted a folder named ''bin''. I had already made a copy of all system directory on my sdcard so i tried moving "bin" back to its place but that didnt work. And now the phone wont turn on at all, it just displays the stupid Mediatek logo.
What can i do? Did i brick my phone?

P.S The phone was rooted with Framaroot.

I was able to get it to Android system recovery and i was wondering if i could install an new rom from the sd card. I dont know what ROM should i choose, will cyanogenmod work on it???? Or if someone could find me an stock ROM for it... Please help me because i dont what to do.
Last edited by re7naldo; 17th April 2014 at 07:53 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread