Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,299 Members 49,001 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] HTC M8 Tips, Tricks, Features, Reference

Tip us?

h3ck
Old
(Last edited by h3ck; 15th April 2014 at 08:04 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 63
Default [GUIDE] HTC M8 Tips, Tricks, Features, Reference

So, I didn't see a thread with different tips, tricks and features for the M8 and figured I'd add one. There are a lot of things that people don't know about this phone, especially someone like me coming from a Note 3 (Touchwiz) phone. I was on HTC for a while before my Samsung stint and have been learning all sorts of cool new things. Below is a start:

Phandroid.com tips, tricks guide >
Click Here

Other tips:
  • Double tapping will turn on the screen, but it will also turn OFF the screen while in lockscreen.
  • Zoe Highlights
    Create your own mini-movies in seconds. Choose the pictures and videos you want to combine, select a theme and add a soundtrack.* Easy as that. And when you're done, share them with friends and let them add to the fix.
  • HTC BlinkFeed
    Even easier to use. Simply swipe left and you'll automatically enjoy your personalized information stream, Facebook and Twitter posts, breaking news, sports scores and more. Stop digging through online clutter and start enjoying what means the most to you.
  • HTC Sense TV™
    We've completely redesigned it this year to provide a richer and more immersive navigation experience, including social feeds and live sports stats.
  • Extreme Power Saving Mode
    The battery in the HTC One (M8) lasts 40% longer than before. Extreme Power Save mode gives you up to 2 weeks of standby time while still giving you manual access to calls, email, texts, and other basic functions. Even with just 10% battery, you’ll have 30 hours of standby time with Extreme Power Saving Mode.**
  • Pedometer sensor
    Download the Fitbit® app to collect data from the M8’s sensor hub and display your activity stats, including steps, calories, and distance.
  • Variable slow-motion
    Capture in slow motion, and then change the playback speed of a segment in the video to add a more hilarious or dramatic effect.
  • Pause and go video
    Eliminate multiple video files with just a single perfect video. Use the pause button when video recording to pause it, then you can reposition yourself, or wait for the next great moment, and continue recording.
  • A refined user experience with HTC Sense® 6 that is beautiful and simple
    • Color coded themes for easy navigation
    • New, beautiful font adapted for high resolution displays
    • Install your own fonts
    • New, visually simpler icons
    • New keyboards for faster input
    • Flip to Silent – silence when you need it - quickly flip device to silence ringer
    • Quiet Ring – ringer works as much as you need it to, especially while around others -- device knows when you pick it up and automatically decreases ringer volume
    • Pocket Mode – hear your device even when it’s tucked away -- device rings louder when enclosed in pocket/bag
    • Do Not Disturb - Easily avoid any interruption during a meeting or overnight – block incoming calls /turn down notification sound/vibration.

Any other things that we should add to this list? Let me know.
My Devices
HTC One (M8) | Nexus 10
Backup: iPhone 4 - repurposed iPod Touch

Proud Android user since 2007 (G1)!

Past Devices: HTC Wing(MDA), G1, Mytouch 3G/4G, iPhone 3G/3GS, MyTouch 3G Slide, HTC HD2, BB 9100, LG G2x, Sensation, Note 2, Note 3
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to h3ck For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

h3ck
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 63
Default Other miscellaneous Tips

I have a pair of Samsung earbuds (came with my Note 3, essentially same as any Galaxy S3, S4, and Note 2 earbuds).

Volume Up - Skips Track
Volume Down - Rewinds Track to beginning
Answer - Pauses/Play Track
My Devices
HTC One (M8) | Nexus 10
Backup: iPhone 4 - repurposed iPod Touch

Proud Android user since 2007 (G1)!

Past Devices: HTC Wing(MDA), G1, Mytouch 3G/4G, iPhone 3G/3GS, MyTouch 3G Slide, HTC HD2, BB 9100, LG G2x, Sensation, Note 2, Note 3
The Following User Says Thank You to h3ck For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]