Phandroid.com tips, tricks guide >
- Double tapping will turn on the screen, but it will also turn OFF the screen while in lockscreen.
- Zoe Highlights
Create your own mini-movies in seconds. Choose the pictures and videos you want to combine, select a theme and add a soundtrack.* Easy as that. And when you're done, share them with friends and let them add to the fix.
- HTC BlinkFeed
Even easier to use. Simply swipe left and you'll automatically enjoy your personalized information stream, Facebook and Twitter posts, breaking news, sports scores and more. Stop digging through online clutter and start enjoying what means the most to you.
- HTC Sense TV™
We've completely redesigned it this year to provide a richer and more immersive navigation experience, including social feeds and live sports stats.
- Extreme Power Saving Mode
The battery in the HTC One (M8) lasts 40% longer than before. Extreme Power Save mode gives you up to 2 weeks of standby time while still giving you manual access to calls, email, texts, and other basic functions. Even with just 10% battery, you’ll have 30 hours of standby time with Extreme Power Saving Mode.**
- Pedometer sensor
Download the Fitbit® app to collect data from the M8’s sensor hub and display your activity stats, including steps, calories, and distance.
- Variable slow-motion
Capture in slow motion, and then change the playback speed of a segment in the video to add a more hilarious or dramatic effect.
- Pause and go video
Eliminate multiple video files with just a single perfect video. Use the pause button when video recording to pause it, then you can reposition yourself, or wait for the next great moment, and continue recording.
- A refined user experience with HTC Sense® 6 that is beautiful and simple
• Color coded themes for easy navigation
• New, beautiful font adapted for high resolution displays
• Install your own fonts
• New, visually simpler icons
• New keyboards for faster input
• Flip to Silent – silence when you need it - quickly flip device to silence ringer
• Quiet Ring – ringer works as much as you need it to, especially while around others -- device knows when you pick it up and automatically decreases ringer volume
• Pocket Mode – hear your device even when it’s tucked away -- device rings louder when enclosed in pocket/bag
• Do Not Disturb - Easily avoid any interruption during a meeting or overnight – block incoming calls /turn down notification sound/vibration.
Any other things that we should add to this list? Let me know.