Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,068 Members 45,991 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] "Tapping" sound issue on all AOSP KitKat builds

Tip us?

acejavelin
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 418

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] "Tapping" sound issue on all AOSP KitKat builds

Is anyone else getting a "tapping" noise when on a call on any AOSP/CM based KitKat build? I have tried several ROMs (Beanstalk, LiquidSmooth, CarbonROM, DirtyUnicorn) and every one I get an occasional tapping sound well on the call, like someone is rapping their fingers on a door or glass countertop.

I have reverted to stock twice and taken the 12B OTA update, rooted and installed TWRP, and reflashed various ROMs to try to clean it up, but no dice... it is consistent among all KK builds, but no sign of it on stock 4.2.2, clean as a whistle audio there.

This doesn't seem to be an issue others have reported too much, just curious if it is known issue or I am just unique...
Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Cricket/Aio (Beanstalk 4.4.4 with hells-Core Kernel)
Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (Official Beanstalk)
Current Tablet: iPad 4 and Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
Other phones "in the family": HTC DNA, HTC One (M7), Motorola Moto G GPE
Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria, HTC Incredible 2, HTC Rezound, Samsung Stratosphere, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P

Dick Ripple
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
Is anyone else getting a "tapping" noise when on a call on any AOSP/CM based KitKat build? I have tried several ROMs (Beanstalk, LiquidSmooth, CarbonROM, DirtyUnicorn) and every one I get an occasional tapping sound well on the call, like someone is rapping their fingers on a door or glass countertop.

I have reverted to stock twice and taken the 12B OTA update, rooted and installed TWRP, and reflashed various ROMs to try to clean it up, but no dice... it is consistent among all KK builds, but no sign of it on stock 4.2.2, clean as a whistle audio there.

This doesn't seem to be an issue others have reported too much, just curious if it is known issue or I am just unique...
Go into sound settings and turn off lock screen sound. Your problem will be fixed.

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Dick Ripple For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

acejavelin
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 418

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Ripple View Post
Go into sound settings and turn off lock screen sound. Your problem will be fixed.

Thanks!!! I'll give it a shot and report back.
Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Cricket/Aio (Beanstalk 4.4.4 with hells-Core Kernel)
Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria, HTC Incredible 2, HTC Rezound, Samsung Stratosphere, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P

acejavelin
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 418

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Ripple View Post

THANK YOU!!! That fixed my problem completely... two conference calls and a few dozen other phone calls and no tapping sounds what so ever, never would have expected that was the issue.

Dick Ripple
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
THANK YOU!!! That fixed my problem completely... two conference calls and a few dozen other phone calls and no tapping sounds what so ever, never would have expected that was the issue.
No problem, glad I could help.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dick Ripple For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]