Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] WiFi Freezing

OP sprokopiak

16th April 2014, 06:34 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Last week, I decided to finally unlock, root, and flash a custom ROM onto my Sprint HTC One. I started with the LiquidSmooth 3.0 Beta, which I really like, but encountered some issues with the WiFi connection.

Essentially, my WiFi connection will, at various times, stop working. When this happens, my phone still shows as being connected to the WiFi AP. Sometimes, I can get my data working again by turning WiFi off and then back on. Other times, after turning my WiFi off, it will refuse to connect to anything when I turn WiFi back on. At this point, I have to reboot my phone to get WiFi working again. Once, the WiFi started working again about 3-4 after I had noticed it wasn't working.

The WiFi generally seems to work best at home, where I have just 1 AP the phone connects to, though it will still sometimes freeze. It is much worse at work, where there are multiple APs as you move throughout the building. When the phone was using stock, the WiFi would usually take a minute or so to regain data when moving between different areas of the building, but now it usually just never regains connection. The notification will show that it is connected, but with 0 signal strength.

Looking around, I've seen that some other people have had similar situations. I tried the solution of renaming my device in the WiFi Direct settings. This seemed to make the WiFi work a little better at home, but no different at work. Some other people said they flashed a newer radio, but I seem to have the latest radio on my phone. And this issue is not related purely to LiquidSmooth. I tried out the SlimKat ROM and encountered the same WiFi problems.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread