Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

I've mastered it, now is it worth rooting?

OP prichm1992

14th April 2014, 04:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

83 posts
Since there's no real development yet for this amazing tab, is there even a point to rooting? Any bug fixes? Battery improvements? Performance increase? Or will rooting just void warranty, doing nothing more than wasting a $30 1yr plan?

Sent from my Wayne using xda app-developers app
15th April 2014, 11:54 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by prichm1992

Since there's no real development yet for this amazing tab, is there even a point to rooting? Any bug fixes? Battery improvements? Performance increase? Or will rooting just void warranty, doing nothing more than wasting a $30 1yr plan?

Depends on your demands from the tablet. The tablet is already optimized fairly well so rooting won't help out performance and battery as much as it would on say... a Samsung or nexus tablet, but rooting is always something I do because of the apps I like to use. Apps like clean master and battery doctor need root access in order to function at their full potential. But if you don't use apps that require rooting, I would just hold out; android 4.4.3 just came out for other devices and hopefully its only a matter of time before it comes out for the Tegra Note 7 as well.
16th April 2014, 10:03 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

83 posts
That pretty much answers my question. I rooted my old galaxy note 2 to dramatically increase performance while gaining a modest increase in battery life. Along the way, I made the colors more vibrant with less LCD brightness, the speakers louder with less static, the processor faster with less heat, etc etc. If that's impossible with the tn7, I'll stay away from root

16th April 2014, 10:06 AM   |  #4  
OP Member

83 posts
As for demands, I demand gaming performance and at least good (6 hours screen on) battery life

16th April 2014, 07:29 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Well if you are gaming, then you might want to consider rooting for one feature only. Gaming apps take up a lot of memory and if you're on stock 4.4.2, google has blocked all apps fro installing onto your external sd card. so if you're planning on installing games on your external microsd card, you're going to have to root it and install the fix sd card fix so that you can install apps on the sd card. The external sd card can still be used for video files and music but apps can't be installed to it unless you have the fix installed. If that's not something that bothers you, then I would leave it unrooted. If thats absolutely something you need or want, rooting is the only thing you can do to get that feature back right now.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread