Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,054 Members 40,339 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Android, TF701T and 5.1 audio

Tip us?

hitmancho
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Android, TF701T and 5.1 audio

I have a question about the tablet that I can't verify right now: does the Transformer Pad support more than 2 channel audio like many Android devices DON'T? I have this experience from phones, other tablets and even Chinese MEDIA PLAYERS all running Android that it doesn't really support 5.1 channel audio at all in stock mode. Something on a very low level as I understood, but NOT hardware related. The question pertains to audio over HDMI as well as the 3.5mm audio jack.

If the TF701T doesn't run audio at more than 2 channels by default, then is there any know method of getting it to do it? Thanks in advance!

stevens243
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmancho View Post
I have a question about the tablet that I can't verify right now: does the Transformer Pad support more than 2 channel audio like many Android devices DON'T? I have this experience from phones, other tablets and even Chinese MEDIA PLAYERS all running Android that it doesn't really support 5.1 channel audio at all in stock mode. Something on a very low level as I understood, but NOT hardware related. The question pertains to audio over HDMI as well as the 3.5mm audio jack.

If the TF701T doesn't run audio at more than 2 channels by default, then is there any know method of getting it to do it? Thanks in advance!
I'm just now installing my apps on my new 701 after unlocking it. But, I just came over from the 700 and used MX player. Should you decide to use that app, check this out:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/apps...pport-t2156254