[Q] Help Needed

OP sandman997

13th April 2014, 02:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
perth
Thanks Meter: 0

77 posts
Hi

I have an galaxy s4 (GT-I9505) from Australia, its not locked but it has Vodafone apps installed. I want to install the official 4.4.2 firmware from another country seeing as im still on 4.3 here. now i have found a site and was wanting to use the Philippines Open Line firmware. but im new to flashing so my question is after i install the firmware will everything work like WiFi,4G and Vodafone AU network.

If someone could help it would be appreciated and im sorry if theses are stupid questions like i said im new to all this.
13th April 2014, 06:17 PM   |  #2  
Flag Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 814

2,500 posts
More
Easy, you can flash whichever country firmware , as long as you got your model correctly.

Everything on your phone, as you mentioned Wi-Fi, 4G and network will remain same.
But you may wanna do some backup first, clean flash always recommended in order to prevent any possible problems.

But one more thing you must be aware of, is that if you choose to flash, you will lose your warranty as well!
The Following User Says Thank You to qtwrk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th April 2014, 06:30 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
perth

77 posts
im not to worried about the warranty but. theres are the steps the guide says to take

Tutorial

Step 1: Download the firmware package (Philippines Globe, Philippines Sun Cellular, Philippines Open Line, Philippines Smart and Malaysia) and extract the zip file.

Step 2: Download Odin v3.09, and extract the zip file.

Step 3: Run Odin3 v3.09 as an Administrator.

Step 3: Restart the Galaxy S4 and put it in Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons.

Step 4: Connect the Galaxy S4 to the computer via the USB cable and wait until a blue sign appears in Odin.

Step 5: Click on the AP button in Odin and select the .tar.md5 file that was extracted in Step 1.

Step 6: In Odin, ensure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are checked, and not the re-partition check box.

Step 7: Click on the Start button in Odin to begin the installation process.

Step 8: After the installation is complete, the device will restart automatically.

Step 9: Once you get the Samsung logo on the home screen, you can unplug the device from the computer and close Odin.

That is all you have to do. The Galaxy S4 LTE should now be running on the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUFNBE.

I Have downloaded Philippines Open Line firmware and the guide is for the GT-I9505. would this work for me and how to i do a clean install
16th April 2014, 07:01 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
perth

77 posts
ok so i finally decided to flash the firmware and everything went great now im on 4.4.2. now im looking to root so i can install the S5 Weather apks, can someone show me an easy guide to root 4.4.2 on the GT-I9505 also is it easy to remove it
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread