Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,891 Members 50,427 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

OTA update now boot loop

Tip us?

channeldave
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default OTA update now boot loop

a while back I had a friend root my phone, he recently unrooted it and brought me back to stock. Tonight I received an OTA update and clicked ok. it stated to update and then rebooted into the "Samsung" screen with white lettering, but it stays there and the screen flickers.

If I try to boot into recovery it asks if I want to download a custom OS.

Does this mean it wasn't fully unrooted (we thought he took all the steps to unroot)? is there anything I can do? If I bring the phone into verizon will they know if has been rooted and will they even care?

thanks

LS.xD
Old
Thanks Meter 585

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by channeldave View Post
a while back I had a friend root my phone, he recently unrooted it and brought me back to stock. Tonight I received an OTA update and clicked ok. it stated to update and then rebooted into the "Samsung" screen with white lettering, but it stays there and the screen flickers.

If I try to boot into recovery it asks if I want to download a custom OS.

Does this mean it wasn't fully unrooted (we thought he took all the steps to unroot)? is there anything I can do? If I bring the phone into verizon will they know if has been rooted and will they even care?

thanks
Whats the phone you're talking about?
HTC One S @ PAC-man 4.4.2 [ALPHA1] [12/5/2014] + IceCode Kernel v4.0 // HBoot 2.15 - unlocked BL - S-OFF - NO "tampered & warning text" // TWRP mod 2.7.0.8

Samsung Galaxy W @ ParanoidAndroid 4.3 [BETA3] [6/5/2014] + KhaN Kernel v2.0 // Base: I8150XXLMI // PhilZ CWM 6.01.4

"REVIVED" HTC Wildfire S @ CyanogenMod 11(AWESOME!!!) [6/5/2014] //HBoot 1.09 - unlocked BL // TWRP 2.7.0.0

It won't hurt you to press "thanks" if me or someone other helped you...

channeldave
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Sorry, thought I was in the Note 2 forum. It's the Note 2 from verizon.

When I try to bot into recovery it now goes to a screen that says I'm downloading an OS, and at the top it says ODIN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS.xD View Post
Whats the phone you're talking about?

LS.xD
Old
Thanks Meter 585

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Sorry, thought I was in the Note 2 forum. It's the Note 2 from verizon.

When I try to bot into recovery it now goes to a screen that says I'm downloading an OS, and at the top it says ODIN.
Is it SGH-T889??
HTC One S @ PAC-man 4.4.2 [ALPHA1] [12/5/2014] + IceCode Kernel v4.0 // HBoot 2.15 - unlocked BL - S-OFF - NO "tampered & warning text" // TWRP mod 2.7.0.8

Samsung Galaxy W @ ParanoidAndroid 4.3 [BETA3] [6/5/2014] + KhaN Kernel v2.0 // Base: I8150XXLMI // PhilZ CWM 6.01.4

"REVIVED" HTC Wildfire S @ CyanogenMod 11(AWESOME!!!) [6/5/2014] //HBoot 1.09 - unlocked BL // TWRP 2.7.0.0

channeldave
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
SCH-1605

Quote:
Is it SGH-T889??

LS.xD
Old
Thanks Meter 585

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
SCH-1605
SCH-i605

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

Quote:
SCH-i605

You can flash the stock firmware via Odin to fix it --> LINK