Us Cellular Cricket

OP qkpony

16th April 2014, 12:39 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Burlington
Thanks Meter: 1

30 posts
More
I couldn't find a US cellular section. I have a Us cellular G s3 that was just rooted no custom rom or anything. I put awrp on it and that it. Its on 4.3, on SUnday I flashed a hacked hotspot file from sprint by mistake. On the stock ROM it get to the last samsung screen then stops. I couldn't figure it out. I put a custom ROM on and it always says roaming and can't do anything. so I dial *228 and it says welcome to Cricket so somehow it thinks its on Cricket. How can i get it back to US cellular? I have tried odin back to stock but no go. anything with a stock ROM it stops at the last samsung screen.
16th April 2014, 05:14 AM   |  #2  
Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 74

355 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by qkpony

I couldn't find a US cellular section. I have a Us cellular G s3 that was just rooted no custom rom or anything. I put awrp on it and that it. Its on 4.3, on SUnday I flashed a hacked hotspot file from sprint by mistake. On the stock ROM it get to the last samsung screen then stops. I couldn't figure it out. I put a custom ROM on and it always says roaming and can't do anything. so I dial *228 and it says welcome to Cricket so somehow it thinks its on Cricket. How can i get it back to US cellular? I have tried odin back to stock but no go. anything with a stock ROM it stops at the last samsung screen.

You are indeed at the wrong forum as this forum is for the i747U/M variants only. To try to assist you, however, you appear to have a brick caused by flashing the wrong ROM. Thankfully, it's only a soft brick and not a hard one so recovery should be possible. As you were already on 4.3, you would need to flash a complete 4.3 stock image compatible with your phone model. If my knowledge serves me right, the correct build number should be R530UVXUBMJA. You may go to sammobile.com or androidfilehost.com to search for the full downloadable zip and then flash that via custom recovery which you already have. Odin won't help you, I'm afraid, as 4.3 is not flash-able via Odin and if you are trying Odin, you are probably trying to flash an older bootloader which may just compound the problem. Hope this helps you.
16th April 2014, 05:20 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Burlington
Thanks Meter: 1

30 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry2999

You are indeed at the wrong forum as this forum is for the i747U/M variants only. To try to assist you, however, you appear to have a brick caused by flashing the wrong ROM. Thankfully, it's only a soft brick and not a hard one so recovery should be possible. As you were already on 4.3, you would need to flash a complete 4.3 stock image compatible with your phone model. If my knowledge serves me right, the correct build number should be R530UVXUBMJA. You may go to sammobile.com or androidfilehost.com to search for the full downloadable zip and then flash that via custom recovery which you already have. Odin won't help you, I'm afraid, as 4.3 is not flash-able via Odin and if you are trying Odin, you are probably trying to flash an older bootloader which may just compound the problem. Hope this helps you.

sammobile.com is not working and the other site is hard to navigate. I am trying to search through the files to find the rom I need.
16th April 2014, 07:09 PM   |  #4  
Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 74

355 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by qkpony

sammobile.com is not working and the other site is hard to navigate. I am trying to search through the files to find the rom I need.

Sam is available and you may be able to find the firmware you need there by using the firmware search tool. Looks like you may also be able to find it on Samsung's website via this url ... http://samsung.com/us/mobileupdates/uscc/gs3
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread