[Q] Need Help Regarding Google Play Store

Search This thread

schaz

Jan 21, 2012
hello friends & fellow htc amaze users
im using a custom by energy
i need help regarding play store since it is been updated to latest version 4.6.17 i can't use my existing account which has everything synched with google
so as you can see this account is very important for me...!
before that update everything was working pretty normal
things that i tried to solve this mayhem are:
clear app cache of playstore app
clear data of playstore app
cleared data & app caches of gogle play services
which obviously didn't solve my issue
waiting for reply

ravike14

Feb 9, 2013
Colombo
I don't have any problems like that.. Try Logging out from Gmail and do a reboot and login again..

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: schaz

incapable86

Jun 8, 2013
If you have adaway installed, disable it and reboot then open play store it should fixed. Even if you don't have adaway installed then install it, disable it, it should generate standard host files and that should fix play store. I've had this issue on Energy ROM while using VPN's.

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Odysseus1962

Sep 30, 2013
Ripley, TN
If you have adaway installed, disable it and reboot then open play store it should fixed. Even if you don't have adaway installed then install it, disable it, it should generate standard host files and that should fix play store. I've had this issue on Energy ROM while using VPN's.

Really weird problem and solution. I've been using Adaway for sometime and have never had issues with the play store even though I have several additional host sources added to my host file. I never had a problem before that either when I was using the "Mother of All Host files" adblocking host file I obtained from a thread here on XDA. Really weird and strange that's all I can say.

incapable86

Jun 8, 2013
@Odysseus1962 it's not Adaway that causes this issue, its some other apps mostly VPN and market apps(mobogeine or 1mobile market etc) that adds a line in host file which causes play store to say "No connection" or can't connect to server while adding Google account. You may re-enable Adaway after disabling it should work with no issues.

Reactions: Odysseus1962

Odysseus1962

Sep 30, 2013
Ripley, TN
@Odysseus1962 it's not Adaway that causes this issue, its some other apps mostly VPN and market apps(mobogeine or 1mobile market etc) that adds a line in host file which causes play store to say "No connection" or can't connect to server while adding Google account. You may re-enable Adaway after disabling it should work with no issues.

Thanks for the clarification. I don't use VPN and the only other markets I use are Fdroid and Amazon, so I haven't run across this situation yet. But it's always good to know something like this should I ever have such an issue. At least now I would have an idea where to look to troubleshoot.

Reactions: schaz

schaz

Jan 21, 2012

i didn't have adaway installed on my cell first i installed it enabled it then tried to run the playstore nothing happened then i rebooted the phone disabled adaway then tried logging in to playstore worked like a charm....!

thanks a lot incapable86 your solution helped me
& also thanks to all the other members who stepped up in help & suggestions

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I don't have any problems like that.. Try Logging out from Gmail and do a reboot and login again..

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Logging out from Gmail and do a reboot and login again didn't help checked it ....!

get a root app uninstaller and uninstall playstore and install it again the latest version?

Thanks for the clarification. I don't use VPN and the only other markets I use are Fdroid and Amazon, so I haven't run across this situation yet. But it's always good to know something like this should I ever have such an issue. At least now I would have an idea where to look to troubleshoot.