Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,756 Members 42,493 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Flashtool and Sony Warranty

Tip us?

sachilleas
Old
(Last edited by sachilleas; 16th April 2014 at 10:59 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 152
Default [Q] Flashtool and Sony Warranty

Will Sony warranty still cover me if I flash via flashtool another country's stock Sony firmware ? (Of course without root and with locked bootloader).
I ask because there is no .ftf file for my country's firmware anywhere uploaded. Thanks

XperienceD
Old
Thanks Meter 2349
You asked on your other thread the other day so not sure why you feel the need to start another. You could flash an ftf and destroy your Phone on the first attempt, it's highly unlikely but could happen so there are no guarantees that that won't happen or that Sony will repair under warranty.

Sent from the app on my Z1C...
The Following User Says Thank You to XperienceD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zxz0O0
Old
Thanks Meter 1008

DONATE TO ME
Your warranty won't be void if you flash a firmware from another country...
The Following User Says Thank You to zxz0O0 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sachilleas
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by XperienceD View Post
You asked on your other thread the other day so not sure why you feel the need to start another. You could flash an ftf and destroy your Phone on the first attempt, it's highly unlikely but could happen so there are no guarantees that that won't happen or that Sony will repair under warranty.

Sent from the app on my Z1C...
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxz0O0 View Post
Your warranty won't be void if you flash a firmware from another country...
Thank you guys ! But there is no definite answer here! I From my android experience I tend to agree with zxz0O0 (Samsung had this policy) but I can't say I'm sure.

XperienceD
Old
Thanks Meter 2349
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachilleas View Post
Thank you guys ! But there is no definite answer here! I From my android experience I tend to agree with zxz0O0 (Samsung had this policy) but I can't say I'm sure.
Using third party software to mod your device is a risk you take as to whether or not you'll be covered by warranty regardless of the manufacturer, so you can deliberate over the risks or just crack on and do it. In the 4 years I've been here and 5 Xperias later I've never had to send a Phone for any kind of repair and the handful of People I've seen that have have been extremely unlucky and/or maybe shouldn't have been allowed to mess with a Nokia.
The Following User Says Thank You to XperienceD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]