Post Reply

[Q] Flashtool and Sony Warranty

OP sachilleas

16th April 2014, 10:57 AM   |  #1  
sachilleas's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 152
 
789 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
Will Sony warranty still cover me if I flash via flashtool another country's stock Sony firmware ? (Of course without root and with locked bootloader).
I ask because there is no .ftf file for my country's firmware anywhere uploaded. Thanks
Last edited by sachilleas; 16th April 2014 at 10:59 AM.
16th April 2014, 04:47 PM   |  #2  
XperienceD's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Here =)
Thanks Meter: 2,416
 
7,323 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
You asked on your other thread the other day so not sure why you feel the need to start another. You could flash an ftf and destroy your Phone on the first attempt, it's highly unlikely but could happen so there are no guarantees that that won't happen or that Sony will repair under warranty.

Sent from the app on my Z1C...
The Following User Says Thank You to XperienceD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th April 2014, 05:17 PM   |  #3  
zxz0O0's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,319
 
897 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Donate to Me
More
Your warranty won't be void if you flash a firmware from another country...
The Following User Says Thank You to zxz0O0 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th April 2014, 07:31 PM   |  #4  
sachilleas's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 152
 
789 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by XperienceD

You asked on your other thread the other day so not sure why you feel the need to start another. You could flash an ftf and destroy your Phone on the first attempt, it's highly unlikely but could happen so there are no guarantees that that won't happen or that Sony will repair under warranty.

Sent from the app on my Z1C...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxz0O0

Your warranty won't be void if you flash a firmware from another country...

Thank you guys ! But there is no definite answer here! I From my android experience I tend to agree with zxz0O0 (Samsung had this policy) but I can't say I'm sure.
16th April 2014, 08:27 PM   |  #5  
XperienceD's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Here =)
Thanks Meter: 2,416
 
7,323 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachilleas

Thank you guys ! But there is no definite answer here! I From my android experience I tend to agree with zxz0O0 (Samsung had this policy) but I can't say I'm sure.

Using third party software to mod your device is a risk you take as to whether or not you'll be covered by warranty regardless of the manufacturer, so you can deliberate over the risks or just crack on and do it. In the 4 years I've been here and 5 Xperias later I've never had to send a Phone for any kind of repair and the handful of People I've seen that have have been extremely unlucky and/or maybe shouldn't have been allowed to mess with a Nokia.
The Following User Says Thank You to XperienceD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Xperia Z1 Compact Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank