OP Norside

16th April 2014, 07:24 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag A place south in the north!
Thanks Meter: 131

390 posts
More
Howdy everyone!

After using android for a few years (since 2011) and experimenting with a lot of roms and kernels, I am now looking to take the next step: to become a rom/kernel developer!

My problem is, I have no programming or developing experience, AND I don't know any programming language.So I am a complete beginner at that stage.

Therefore I ask you guys, where do I start my journey to become a rom/kernel devloper?

Many thanks for all help!
16th April 2014, 07:44 PM   |  #2  
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 1,230

2,776 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norside

Howdy everyone!

After using android for a few years (since 2011) and experimenting with a lot of roms and kernels, I am now looking to take the next step: to become a rom/kernel developer!

My problem is, I have no programming or developing experience, AND I don't know any programming language.So I am a complete beginner at that stage.

Therefore I ask you guys, where do I start my journey to become a rom/kernel devloper?

Good plan... but you are asking in the wrong place. XDA has a number of forums catering for ROM cooking and development. These are Android specific rather than phone specific and therefore far more appropriate than this forum.

Suggest you start here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/ and have a look through the many and varied areas that will help you.
16th April 2014, 08:20 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

390 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LenAsh

Good plan... but you are asking in the wrong place. XDA has a number of forums catering for ROM cooking and development. These are Android specific rather than phone specific and therefore far more appropriate than this forum.

Suggest you start here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/ and have a look through the many and varied areas that will help you.

Yes I was debating where to post it..is it possible for a moderator like @Judge Joseph Dredd to move this thread to android q a help and troubleshooting?
Just to avoid another thread about the same...
Last edited by Norside; 16th April 2014 at 08:43 PM.
16th April 2014, 08:21 PM   |  #4  
Flag Mobile
Thanks Meter: 918

1,256 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norside

Howdy everyone!

Install the Android sdk, ADB, Java\Eclipse, and get prepared for lots of reading Set up decompiling and deodexing programs/environments (ApkMultiTool, Tickle My Android, etc) Search in Android General and other subforums, there is a TON of stuff to learn on this site! Entire sections devoted to teaching this kind of thing.
16th April 2014, 09:30 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

390 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AyDee

Install the Android sdk, ADB, Java\Eclipse, and get prepared for lots of reading Set up decompiling and deodexing programs/environments (ApkMultiTool, Tickle My Android, etc) Search in Android General and other subforums, there is a TON of stuff to learn on this site! Entire sections devoted to teaching this kind of thing.

Yes I have started with the reading..a lot to learn
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread