Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,219 Members 52,274 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Gear 2 vs Gear Fit

Tip us?

exge
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOme View Post
I meant Fleksy...sorry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PpsfY7j0JY

Anyways, it doesn't get hot at all. Feels like a normal watch. As for the walking, you can set the sync intervals. I have mine set to sync every three hours, which is the soonest. You can also hit sync and do it right away.
lol no wonder i couldn't find it.
thats good i guess. i will most likely comment after i get my neo this friday.
Blank pages in browser/facebook?
type about:debug in brower, then go to settings-> debug->normal rendering

bullet2300
Old
(Last edited by bullet2300; 16th April 2014 at 04:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter 14
Sorry, needed more time to give some feedback. I also have not had a G1.

I have a Neo and it feels great on my wrist. Build quality is good and doesn't feel cheapy and looks good. I love that it integrates with music from my phone like Google Music, so I can change tracks or see what track is playing, adjust volume, etc.it works great and syncs very well with my phone. Battery life is great. I used it pretty heavily and dropped about 30% in a day. Answered a call on my Gear2 and talked to my wife while I was sitting on the couch and it sounded so good she thought I was on the phone - not the gear2. Very loud and clear! My biggest use is for email viewing. I get a ton of emails cause of my work and its really nice to be able to check them on my watch without always bringing my phone out of my pocket all of them time.

Downsides:
-As mentioned, no keyboard for it yet, so it just has template responses or s voice or emoji.
-Pedometer syncs with phone, but doesn't combine with phone - it keeps a separate counter for each device. I was hoping it would just stay in sync with my phone for a total number, but it appears to keep them separate, so I will just use my phone and not the Gear2 pedometer, oh well.

I am excited to see what apps get made for it, but really the device itself is really great for the money IMO. Anything more to it and it's just icing on the cake.

exge
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet2300 View Post
I am excited to see what apps get made for it, but really the device itself is really great for the money IMO. Anything more to it and it's just icing on the cake.
well, after my exams i can probably mess with the tizen sdk. and after i get my device lol
Blank pages in browser/facebook?
type about:debug in brower, then go to settings-> debug->normal rendering

bullet2300
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I really wish you could set a Flag status from the Gear 2 since it marks emails as read, that way I would remember to follow-up with someone if I view the email when I'm not able to respond.